Whistling pete weber 32/36

So got the 32/36 on and it runs much better but now its got this sweet whistle when you accelerate. not at idle just upon throttle input it really whistles....anybody had this happen to them. checked all lines and gaskets and cant figure out where its coming from. never did it on the mazda it came off of. willpost pics later toady and maybe a vid. of the whislting, lmk....

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

my side drafts do that, It's probably at the base. (if you dident take the carb apart)

the whistling is air being sucked in through a very small hole.

check your bolts on the base and vacuume hoses for a small hole

twelve people looked and not one had a whistler huh...that sux......

I have heard people complain about the whistle before. I have it myself. Without hearing it its hard to say if its a normal normal or not. Post a vid w/ sound!:D

tryin to get it off my blackberry as we speak(type).....man does it run way better with a weber on it then the stock carb.........so good my buddy tried to put it in the ditch for me. my drum brakes are miss adjusted the rears lock up way before the fronts.....kinda fun but scary when you need to brake hard....

tighten the screws on the top of the carb and double check all the visable nuts and screws. also pull the air cleaner and make sure the throttle plate screws are in tight.

other then that it's possibly coming in through the linkage.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::confused:

Sorry but it made me laugh then and it still does.......does sound like a leak if you ask me but we double checked everything.......its loud husbands watch out im not whislting at your lady ...its my carb.

tighten the screws on the top of the carb and double check all the visable nuts and screws. also pull the air cleaner and make sure the throttle plate screws are in tight.

other then that it's possibly coming in through the linkage.

checked the air cleaner and the base plate all seemed tight dunno maybe a day later it will be different......u know how late nights sometimes dont allow you think clearly...(read after several beers):mellow:

Wow, you do have a whistle. I'm no expert but that don't sound normal,(kinda cool though:D). Get a can of carb cleaner and spray around the intake, when it revs up, you have found your leak.

tried that too but it didn't pick up the rpms at all leading me to believe that base gasket is still ok......funny though....

Get a short length of garden hose and hold one end to your ear and the other at different places around the base plate and also at the car top. Have someone rev it and try to narrow down the location.

Vacuum is highest at idle, dropping when the throttle is opened. You would think that the whistle would be loudest at high vacuum and get quieter when throttle opened.

Venturi vacuum would increase with air flow. Might there be a leak in the vacuum operated secondaries?

Webers don't have vacuum secondaries, Mike.

I had a massive whistle with my 38DGAS after the engine backfired while starting. I'd managed to blow off the ventuii vacuum port cap on the back of the carb. I've never seen that vacuum port on a 32/36, but it's possible for it to exist.

Something looks different about that weber. The choke stand sticks out really far compared to most that i have seen. And it appears to be a DFV, not a DGV. Do you have any good pics of this carb? Maybe it is just the video that makes it look weird to me.

That whistle is definently not normal, but funny.:D

Webers don't have vacuum secondaries, Mike.

I had a massive whistle with my 38DGAS after the engine backfired while starting. I'd managed to blow off the ventuii vacuum port cap on the back of the carb. I've never seen that vacuum port on a 32/36, but it's possible for it to exist.

..... :o