Whistling pete weber 32/36

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So got the 32/36 on and it runs much better but now its got this sweet whistle when you accelerate. not at idle just upon throttle input it really whistles....anybody had this happen to them. checked all lines and gaskets and cant figure out where its coming from. never did it on the mazda it came off of. willpost pics later toady and maybe a vid. of the whislting, lmk....

tell everyone its a super charger:cool:

when my alternator was all fucked up, it would make a whine, so when i was shifting, it would get a high pitched whine. needless to say, many people now ask my why im no longer turbo'd:lol:

I think I figured it out.

If its a DFV carb that the choke is on the driver side. then the main barrel is on the driver side as is the accel pump . Most Weber DGVs the choke os on the valev cover side and the aceel pump,main barrel.

the ADAPTERPLATE will be reversed

Datsunnoob had this setup up and the choke blew off or something. Or the throttleplate get stuck cause of the adapterplate whole sizes where wrong causing it to jam up. PM Datsunnoob

I wonder if you put the adpater plate on per the Datsun manifold. meaning the small bore is on the driver side but on the DFV the small bore opening on the carb is on the otherside? thus causing a wistle

Edited by banzai510(hainz)

So everything is tight no intake leaks no vacuum leaks, no loose anything......kinda curious of the carb orientation thing .....can swap the mounting of the carb but the cable will be to short. about 8 inch's any pics out there of your weber installs.....just wanna make sure my carb is on right. although it runs so nice might just live with the whistle.....gonna try swapping the mount and runnin the linkage manually. i just assumed that the linkage was on the back like the stock carb and the way it was mounted on my mazda.......any suggestions......

I think I figured it out.

If its a DFV carb that the choke is on the driver side. then the main barrel is on the driver side as is the accel pump . Most Weber DGVs the choke os on the valev cover side and the aceel pump,main barrel.

the ADAPTERPLATE will be reversed

Datsunnoob had this setup up and the choke blew off or something. Or the throttleplate get stuck cause of the adapterplate whole sizes where wrong causing it to jam up. PM Datsunnoob

I wonder if you put the adpater plate on per the Datsun manifold. meaning the small bore is on the driver side but on the DFV the small bore opening on the carb is on the otherside? thus causing a wistle

Startin to think you may be right .......i assumed it was the same on all manifolds.....everything else just checks out......

I dont know Mazdas and their orientation ,but thats the best guess so far I can explain. as your choke thing is on the driver side instead of the valve cover side.

A datsun Manifold the main barrel is the smaller one. this will be next to the valve cover.

The bigger manifold hole will be the driver side.

So I assume the carb adapter plate is orientated the same.But it this weber the hole sizes reversed as possible noted going by the placement of the choke heater housing(round thing)

All I can assume it going thu these different size passages and making a whistle.

I couldnt tell on YOUR vedio your cable pull type either.

But since you have 2 521s you know which is the correct cable pull, Is from the driver side

Like hainz is saying. There is mirror image carb to the DGV. Its called the DFV. It would put the secondary and primary in opposite ports on the manifold when installed the way you have yours. This could cause the whistle as the secondary opens into a smaller than normal port.

You have this carb http://www.webercarbsdirect.com/32_36_DFEV_p/22680.210.htm

And most people have this one

http://www.webercarbsdirect.com/32_36_DGAV_p/22680.051b.htm

They are pretty much the same carb just mirror images of each other besides the change in air cleaner mounting. Some will even have the same air cleaner mounting.

Here is a pic of mine.

http://picasaweb.google.com/anisbet/Datsun510#5241571908917639186

I have no choke but if i did it would be on the valve cover side.

-Avery