620 Custom carpet kits

In a couple threads guys have talked about wanting a good fitting carpet solution for their 620's and 521's. Since there is not a available molded carpet the alternative is to cut, sew and bind backed carpet to fit the floor correctly. I'm doing this is my 620 right now. I am doing my truck in a dark grey carpet with black vinyl binding and a contrasting grey topstitch on the binding like the floor mats pictured in my KC build thread.

I could make up a carpet kit if there is enough interest. Photos will be up once it is finished and installed.

Anyone interested? Price will depend upon choice in materials.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not certain on price. There are still a couple of unknown variables. My thought is to offer a group buy sort of thing with a minimum order and a cut-off date. I **think** the regular pricing for individual orders would be:

Std Cab 620/521 $250

King Cab 620 + $25

Matching floor mats $50

Pricing for an initial group buy offer to Ratsun with a minimum order of 20:

Std Cab 620/521 $200

King Cab 620 + $25

Matching floor mats $40

Boxing and Shipping when necessary would cost more. Custom colors would also have an upcharge. This may seem like a lot of money, but they will fit like a glove. They are made from very high quality materials. They will be made by me and it takes a lot of time.

With that said, who is interested?

That funny you guys say that! After reasearching suppliers, material costs and actual time spent making a set. The prices above are too low. Once I gauge interest, I'll post up a group buy offer. Thus far, there's not enough genuine interest to warrant the efforts...

I started making the patterns for the carpet. Making the patterns this way ensures a very good fit the first time. The front will be three pieces. The middle will go in first and then the sides. The side pieces will have binding on the sides for a nice finished installation.

Note the holes punched for the stock hold down screws. These are in the truck stock and anchor the carpet nicely.

photo.jpg

• 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Been busy. Not a lot of interested parties that are willing to pay for good materials and some time to make the carpet set. I'm out of town working for a couple more weeks. I'd be willing to do a group buy setup over my Christmas break. Would need 10 prepaid orders by December 21st.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

slodat, thought you had some finished pics, of the carpet in a diff. thread? Post some finished pics without seats installed so I can see how it looks. Got the cash depending on your price, was gonna go the 720 carpet route but i heard/read it doesnt fit quite right. Think that 720 carpet is about 200...If you PM Ill have a better chance of reading it, havnt been active in months....

What happened? I never saw the group buy posted, and I need a set for my 79 KC project. Please let us know the situation. Personally I don't want any padding, as I am using a sound deadener and insulation already. If the carpet had the jute pad glued to it, it would make it too thick causing fitment issues.:):cool:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I've been swamped with work and have been working on personal projects with the free time I have had lately. I'm helping a good friend put a 620 together for his daily driver. I plan to make a carpet set from my patterns for his truck as a quality control trial. I'll post up photos once that is done and will offer a group buy at that point..

• 1 month later...