620 Custom carpet kits

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 5 months later...

I am going through the claims process with my insurance company right now dealing with my 620 KC theft. When I get it back, I am going to get a carpet set made so I can post photos, real pricing, etc. I would really prefer to do this as a group buy kind of thing. Interested parties, please let me know. I'm out of town working for the month of December, but **should** have a lot of time off/home in January. If I can get the insurance company to work with me, I may have something done on it this week. If not, I may start on the 521 sets first.

I have spend most of this week fighting my 620 KC theft insurance claim. I won't even get it back before I head out to work for a few weeks. This is a January at the earliest project. As I mentioned above, my material prices changed. I'll have accurate pricing once I finalize the design. The question is will there be twenty 620 orders and twenty 521 orders?

Latest JCWhitney catalog [740J-12] received yesterday lists 2WD and 4WD Datsun pickup carpet sets as P/N QH21985G. This is a lead in part number, you have to log on and specify the model etc. Price range is $149.99 to $539.99. Don't have a pickup, so I have no incentive to go further with this.

• 2 weeks later...

My work project schedule is changing faster than the weather. It is appearing I'll be home for the last couple weeks of the year. My 620 KC claim has turned into a major rip off by state farm. So, I'll get the truck back when I get home from this trip and get to work on the 620 carpet set patterns.

This is not a "kit" per se. This will be a custom made carpet set made to fit the truck much like a seat is upholstered. The end user will have some work involved in installing the carpet properly. The main thing I'm referring to is shifter cutout. You will have to make the cutout and finish as you see fit with a boot or console or whatever you like.

I'll be looking for a local 620 KC and standard cab for test fitting and such. These two guys will get some free labor out of the deal.

I'm ordering a couple of tools for this project this week so they are there when I get home just before Christmas.

Lawyer up? They are saying the truck value is only $2100 as far as insurance total loss value. The truck has ugly paint and that is a major part of why they are valuing it at that amount. I don't think a lawyer will help me much.. :(

• 2 weeks later...

Got the truck back today. I'm in the process of getting the shop clean and organized to start the carpet project. I found out today I am home until the 12th. I'm taking delivery of my new badass sewing machine on Friday. I'm pretty well tooled up and hope to have the prototype in my KC early next week.

Once I have finish photos and pricing I'll start a new group buy thread.

• 3 weeks later...

I'd be very interested in a set for my KC.

What are your plans for colors? You'd said you were doing gray, is this a single color deal or will you make other colors available? Nothing too crazy, I'd just like black.

How bad was the 620 when you got it back?

I'd be very interested in a set for my KC.

What are your plans for colors? You'd said you were doing gray, is this a single color deal or will you make other colors available? Nothing too crazy, I'd just like black.

How bad was the 620 when you got it back?

I have a pretty standard pallet of colors available for the carpet. Black is no problem. I'm working on this project evenings this week. I got the shop pretty well sorted out and am happy to finally be getting to work.

The 620 needs some work after the theft :(

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I got the windshield replaced in my 620 today. I'm working crazy hours for the next few weeks. Barely time to take a shit and such. I work on this project when time allows and my 620 can support it. I hope you understand.

Guest DatsuNoob

I'm up for a set for a std cab when you get some time. Was wondering if you have any lt gray material? I'd like to talk to ya more around Canby time about getting something going, and possibly bring you a color sample. Keep up the good work! :thumbup: