Escaping da Bad Guys - in a 200SX

A couple of years ago someone told me he saw the movie "Sunburn" on cable, starring a 1st gen 200SX. I've been looking in pawnshops and flea markets for the VHS without success. Copies show up on eBay, but I'm not paying $15 or so with shipping. Tonight I thought of YouTube. So here for all the early SX fans, is a classic: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b8z1B7nHoyc

The bull seems to have the same opinion of the SX as the car buying public back in the '70s.

Len

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest jaimesix
A couple of years ago someone told me he saw the movie "Sunburn" on cable, starring a 1st gen 200SX. I've been looking in pawnshops and flea markets for the VHS without success. Copies show up on eBay, but I'm not paying $15 or so with shipping. Tonight I thought of YouTube. So here for all the early SX fans, is a classic: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b8z1B7nHoyc

The bull seems to have the same opinion of the SX as the car buying public back in the '70s.

Len

Thanks Len. I had a blast, those loosers wanted to outgun a Datsun with a Dodge Fart LOL.

Long live Datsun!!!!!!! What else could you ask for, a young Farah Faucett and a cool L20B 200SX S-10 !!!!!!!

Jaime.______________________________________________________

DANG!!!!!! you think peta would let you get away with that bullscene these days...that head on was viscous........bull bounced off like a pebble....great air scenes to love it beofre cgi....real car chases I personally thought Vanishing point would have been a better movie if they cast a 510 instead of a mopar......i mean come on the guy was popping ludes like skittles.....:mellow:

Guest jaimesix
Wow, that music was,...well, um....SPECIAL!

I like how the bull destroyed the driver fender, then it was nice and shinny as the last motorcycle guy ran into it.

Cool to watch though, thanks.

Not really, I thought about that, but one fender was never hit, so that is the one that shows fine, the one hit by the bull looks hit later on.

No inconsistencies.

Jaime.___________________________________________________

Guest jaimesix
Lets make our own movie. We need a donated Datsun that runs :)

A nice chase scene can be filmed w/o trashing any cars. Many chases do not end up in crashes, but high speed cornering and nice street scenes make it cool.

Farrah in a 200sx fighting a bull just made my day lol.

The jump over the car had me cracking up, that hubcap like exploded off that wheel. 200sx fighting for its life, so great :lol:.

It certainly seems like they used just the one car and the sounds seem legit. Believing that makes it all the better imo.

Thank you for sharing.

I'm glad everyone enjoyed the clip as much as I did. I still need to get the complete movie to find out what happens to the SX in the end. Here is something to think about: probably no reason for the movie production company to bring a pretty trashed SX back to the States. They would likely have left it there. Could it be the SX is still there, maybe not running, but sitting out in the desert, or being used as a chicken coop (coupe?), or something? If we all believe the Movie Star SX has survived, maybe it will be true.

Len