Layedoutb2k's '83 Rabbit GTI

well, i just picked this up on saturday. ill try to get some more pics up after i get a little bit of work done on this today. i actually traded my 1200 for it. was originally just wanting cash for it but ive always like these old vw's. i am the second registered owner of the car. it has coilovers, weber throttle body, shiroco radiator, strut bar, and early rabbit taillights. the car is in great shape and the body is really straight. i dont have too big of plans for the car, its my daily driver but i will hit up some autocrosses and do a little bit to it.

005.jpg

006-2.jpg

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

not a fan of late westmorelands but that looks likea clean GTI. if ya need any parts let me know i might have it. you say its got early tails??? weird. someone did some body work to it to do that. or it got popped in the ass and the whole rear tail panel was replaced. coils are a good start as is the strut bar. is it both upper and lower???? also i would do a rear as well. keep the body REAL stiff.

you should bring it out to either Waterwerks or Water wagons. depending on which is happening. i will have my VR6 B3 Passat this year. my rabbits are all broken. also check out http://www.mk1dubs.com. good guys there and very knowledgeable about these little critters.

Looks like a good start Chase :D:lol::D

yeah, looks like the previous owner had good taste in modifying :lol:

not a fan of late westmorelands but that looks likea clean GTI. if ya need any parts let me know i might have it. you say its got early tails??? weird. someone did some body work to it to do that. or it got popped in the ass and the whole rear tail panel was replaced. coils are a good start as is the strut bar. is it both upper and lower???? also i would do a rear as well. keep the body REAL stiff.

you should bring it out to either Waterwerks or Water wagons. depending on which is happening. i will have my VR6 B3 Passat this year. my rabbits are all broken. also check out http://www.mk1dubs.com. good guys there and very knowledgeable about these little critters.

the opening left from the early tails just has a flush panel with seam sealer holding it in. as soon as i get some time im going to make a panel and weld it and do it right. the strut bar is just the front upper, i was wondering if they made something for underneath because there really isnt much there. i plan on getting one for the rear too. it already picks up a rear wheel pulling into my friends driveway. ill have to check into those dates but my summer is already jam packed with racing. ill have to check out that site too

Nice...but I think you should lower it more...alot more. Here is some motivation.

050.jpg

as tempted as i am to slam it, cops are dicks in my town and most of them know me by name so i dont want something that stands out too much. i do want to find a roof rack like that. :D

also thanks for the comments guys.

yeah, looks like the previous owner had good taste in modifying :lol:

the opening left from the early tails just has a flush panel with seam sealer holding it in. as soon as i get some time im going to make a panel and weld it and do it right. the strut bar is just the front upper, i was wondering if they made something for underneath because there really isnt much there. i plan on getting one for the rear too. it already picks up a rear wheel pulling into my friends driveway. ill have to check into those dates but my summer is already jam packed with racing. ill have to check out that site too

as tempted as i am to slam it, cops are dicks in my town and most of them know me by name so i dont want something that stands out too much. i do want to find a roof rack like that. :D

also thanks for the comments guys.

yes there is a lower stress bar for hte front. you can get them by eurosport (i have a eurosport on my caddy), neuspeed, and i think black forest industries carries them also. OR you can get a K bar for the lower off a scirocco.

Nice...but I think you should lower it more...alot more. Here is some motivation.

050.jpg

THE BUCKET!!!!! i know the guy that owns that. its such a POS but some killer work has gone into it.

THE BUCKET!!!!! i know the guy that owns that. its such a POS but some killer work has gone into it.

Yeah, there has been a lot of work done on that thing in the quest for lowness. I can't say I agree with sacraficing handling in the quest to be low, but damn do I like how it looks!

its a diesel now so who cares. its low and slow.

Wait wait! I was told it got hit on the side of the freeway when it broke down by a drunk driver and was totaled. Was that all just a Myth of a Rumor?

Sorry for the random post Chase

Wait wait! I was told it got hit on the side of the freeway when it broke down by a drunk driver and was totaled. Was that all just a Myth of a Rumor?

Sorry for the random post Chase

from what i understand, sincei have seen somewhat recent pics of it, that it was a plot to fuck with the people on the vortex. and obviously it worked.

• 2 weeks later...

i really havent had much time lately to do much on it. im getting married at the end of the month and have been helpin my dad a little bit on planning how we are going to mount his new motor in his 510. i did get the strut bar mounted and cd player installed in it. that and just fixing a few little mechanical issues on it.

• 1 month later...

ive done a few things lately to the GTI. i tucked the front bumper, added a cd player, 2 amps and better speakers, replaced a broken timing belt and added a carbon fiber filler panel across the back since it had the early smaller tails swapped on it. ive been too lazy to get batteries for the camera so i dont have any pics of it but i did find these on the web.

i decided to join a local club when i stopped by one of their meets last week. everyones real cool, mostly air-cooled but there are quite a few water-cooled ones that didnt show up.

DSC04681.jpg

DSC04682.jpg

DSC04684.jpg

DSC04686.jpg

DSC04690.jpg

DSCN0081.jpg