zx brakes bolt on?

bonvo

would the 280 zx brakes bolt on to a 510/610 strut? i know that the rotors would physicly bolt on considering that there held on in the same way and could just be bolted to the hub im wondering about the calaper will it bolt on and work? has anyone tried this? im wondering because my 610 struts are good and i dont want to replace the whole strut assembly if i dont have to any input guys? just somthing i was thinking about from the pics ive seen it looks like it can be done

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Nope, won't work. You have to use the 280zx struts as well. It is a valuable upgrade because you get the shorter struts as well. It's not hard to do at all. The only downside is that you loose about 1/2" track width in the front.

+1, what he said.

i am running 280zx struts/brakes on my 610.

Nope, won't work. You have to use the 280zx struts as well. It is a valuable upgrade because you get the shorter struts as well. It's not hard to do at all. The only downside is that you loose about 1/2" track width in the front.
  • 4 months later...

I read somewhere that you have to remove the spring seat off the 280 and replace with the original. Is this correct? Or is that only with the 510? Can you use a 240z strut? Or any other brake upgrades for stock 610 struts?

Thanks

Scott

• 4 weeks later...

this is good to know. so is it half inch per side or 1/4 inch per side to make it 1/2 inch total?

would the 280 zx brakes bolt on to a 510/610 strut? i know that the rotors would physicly bolt on considering that there held on in the same way and could just be bolted to the hub im wondering about the calaper will it bolt on and work? has anyone tried this? im wondering because my 610 struts are good and i dont want to replace the whole strut assembly if i dont have to any input guys? just somthing i was thinking about from the pics ive seen it looks like it can be done
Don't assume that the rotor bolt pattern is the same, either. I can't say for sure that it's different, but it is different between other nissan models that have the same style bolt on rotor (ie 200sx rotor bolt pattern is different than 280zx).

im planning on doing the 280zx strutswap on my 510, but have some specific questions, id appreciate any help here so please pm me with answers. thanks!

i know the struts are a basic bolt up but what i need to know is:

-will my brake lines thread into 280 calipers?

-i plan on running a 79 280 master, what do I need for this or will it bolt straight up without vaccum assist?

-will my stock hard lines at the master thread into the 280 master cylinder?

I believe thats all please please help me out, i dnt like fadeing my brakes after 200 feet of hard stopping!:D

im planning on doing the 280zx strutswap on my 510, but have some specific questions, id appreciate any help here so please pm me with answers. thanks!

i know the struts are a basic bolt up but what i need to know is:

-will my brake lines thread into 280 calipers?

-i plan on running a 79 280 master, what do I need for this or will it bolt straight up without vaccum assist?

-will my stock hard lines at the master thread into the 280 master cylinder?

I believe thats all please please help me out, i dnt like fadeing my brakes after 200 feet of hard stopping!:D

dunno, I replaced mine with ss lines

if the master isnt side by side afaik it will work. no vacuum unless you have a booster and yes.