2nd annual SWDP BBQ get together - Aug 16

on tue i stopped by ron magness shop in rialto ,, he might be busy that weekend ,,some one with a truck should get in contact with him ,, as he said that he had found some of the old 8mm flim of [socal datsun pickups] stuff,, a very cool guy ,, took time to talk to me ,,even though im very sure he was busy,,

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's my daughter's birthday so I hope we can at least drop in. Although she will be 19 so I have no idea if she wants to hang with mom and pop hat day.

Hey what's the scoop on the Murrieta Show that sdsurf mentioned? I know nothing of it. Some fill me in?

Damm John thats cold...:lol: Ok just stating the obvious here but it's important. The park doesnt allow alcohol & please no burnouts. Also i got ahold of Ray [datskaoss] & he will be there. Ron,will be good to see you & Ray again :D

OK ill update the food list:

Guy-bbq , burgers , dogs

Mark- condiments , paper towels , burgers , dogs

Robert- soda's & water

Lawrence- bbq

Spread the word & tell your friends..come be a part of history.

Na man, I'm just sayin he doesn't look like a 3x I'm not one to bag on looks. Hell I don't take my shirt off in public. :lol:

No John, an official SWDP truck cover. I am not a 3x yet but in hopes that McyDs will have the BigMac for 99 cents again I am trying to plan ahead! Dude, they always shrink so I have like 5 Datsun shirts that are double x but don't fit no more. :fu: I'll take my shirt off for you John! :eek:

robert & john is there something you guys are not telling us :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

I don't know. when are you comming by the shop. :eek:

^^^^^ Me too Robert..it's the smell of good times & friends. As of today we'll have 3 bbq's not including the one thats next to the gazebo. That means 1 person doesnt have to be on the grill for long periods. Remember the food list guys..chime in as to what you can bring.

The t-shirts arrived last night!! They look pretty cool. Yes, Robert, I got Your's done!!! 70 shirts total...........

30 large, 45 Xl, 4 xxl and a couple of "river shirts".

I hope We have enough. Later today I will send out a blanket emailing to those that I hope will attend. One week from today the MADNESS begins!!!!!!

Mike TY sooo much for getting the shirts made. Guys we all need to buy a few so Mike can break even. Madness??? :lol: Stilltwisted- yeah Guy went again & talked with Ron, he said he'll be there hopefully with the only remaining original SCDP plaque & pics from the past. He's workin on getting the 8mm films made over to dvd then SWDP hopefully will get copies. Dont forget the Ludikris show the day before if anybody wants to show get ahold of myself or Steroid.

72 hours and I start packing!!!!!!! I should get there Friday afternoon. WHHOOOOooooooooo HOOooooooooooooooooooo ! ! !

Hey Mike. There is a cruz night in Fontanna on Friday night. Cruzin spring street. sierra & spring.

48 hours!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I started vacation this morning so I am finishing up small things. I took Choptana for a test drive yesterday (after replacing the passenger's side emergency brake cable) in 114 degrees. I started smelling coolant and sure enough, when I returned home........ Drip, Drip, Drip. It was coming out of the hole under the water pump, so at 4:40 P.M. I bought one and started changing it. At 6:03 P.M. I was done!!! My new best time!! I will test drive it today on a longer route and see what "gremlins" pop-up. Should have time to fix anything before packing Friday morning. See You soon!!!

Mark just texted Me and told Me that His computer is down. It crashed. He will be offline until after the Bar-B-Que. I can relay any information for You if You need to contact Him before Friday morning.

Be there fo'sho' in my 810... Put me down for a Large T-Shirt! Might show up with my gal and possibly sliding_creep (Boris).

So this a bring your own food BBQ, right? I'll post this on my facebook!

There will be food there, You can bring something to put on the bbq if you want. Bring drinks, chairs and a DATSUN. No alcohol is allowed at this park. Thanks, Guy.

Realy lookin foward to sunday. If theres any shirts left, ill take an xl. I got an ez up i can take too.

Edward, There will be a shirt for you. EZ-ups are a plus. See you guy's there. Guy.

24 hours!!!!!!!!!!!! I am basically packed up already. Just load Choptana on the trailer and put in suitcase, ice chest, etc. THE MADNESS BEGINS!!!

Oh yeah, I WILL be bring My necklace!!!! BLASTED HOOKS!!!!!!