new to ratsun... my intro

Just wanted to introduce myself... I have no idea how how I've missed this place until now but I've been on NICO/ ODPL for a little while now.

I'm from colorado and I have 720 with the Z24 motor that I use as a daily driver and autocross car. I have a custom paintjob on it with tinted tails and corners along with a 2.5" drop in the front and 2" drop in the rear. Mods are:

custom cut airbox with k&n filter

k&n breather

pacesetter headers

magnaflow high flow cat

magnaflow resonator

custom exhaust piping

pulstar pulse plugs

fully stripped interior

spare tire delete... bumper delete etc.

and many more little things here and there

Coming up sometime relatively soon I will be doing a "while I was in there" project. I need to replace the timing chain tensioner and along with that I will go ahead and do:

port and polished KA head

custom cam... new valves and springs and such

forged KA rods and pistons

44mm mikuni side draft carbs and an overhauled fuel system to run E85

and a new clutch

It won't be done until I can afford it and I have no idea when that will be.

Other than that... Hi everyone!

And here are a few pics... the tires are different than in the pics but I don't have any new pics of them yet!

3352469395_3e5f5f30af_o.jpg

3352470835_45cb5a4266_o.jpg

3353297092_211d9681c1_o-1.jpg

272009168s-3.jpg

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I just looked at your post in the truck section. Nice 720. :D

Keep the pic's comming. And your an auto x guy so you get my vote. :cool:

Oh yea WELCOME

thats got to be one of the nices 720 I've seen, like the paint and looks straight.

Looks a little ratty under the hood but that not a bad thing.

Welcome to the site..... nice pic's u put up. :D

Nothing embarrasing about it as long as it runs.

Although it is sort of... tangled. :lol:

Do I spy an Optima battery?:cool:

tangled is an understatement.... but yes it is optima

thats got to be one of the nices 720 I've seen, like the paint and looks straight.

Looks a little ratty under the hood but that not a bad thing.

Welcome to the site..... nice pic's u put up. :D

i do have to say that the pic i have of the underhood makes it look much worse than it is... but its the only one i have

i promise it looks better in person

Autocross truck ... sweet! What's this about KA head on a Z motor?

well i'm gonna do the forged rods and pistons... and i've heard the z head won't hold the power.... true/false????

well... thank you all for the welcoming!!! i fuckin love this place already

if anyone has any suggestions or tips etc... let me know!!!

i'm out for the night... but i'll be back on all the time once my computer is fixed which should be this weekend!

PZi720, welcome to the forum. Sorry I'm late in the game. Saw your post last week on NICO about lowering trucks. A friend was asking me about having to use a camber kit when you do lower them, so I did some research and saw your article on NICO.

Love your truck. Love how everthing is black, including the turn signals. Nice truck. Welcome to the forum. :D

PZi720, welcome to the forum. Sorry I'm late in the game. Saw your post last week on NICO about lowering trucks. A friend was asking me about having to use a camber kit when you do lower them, so I did some research and saw your article on NICO.

Love your truck. Love how everthing is black, including the turn signals. Nice truck. Welcome to the forum. :D

camber kit?

when i lowered mine the tops of the tires were sticking out. I took out the 2 bolts on each side and added 4 washers, brought it back in. Tho i think 4 were to many....

camber kit?

when i lowered mine the tops of the tires were sticking out. I took out the 2 bolts on each side and added 4 washers, brought it back in. Tho i think 4 were to many....

I should have finished the post. PEZi720 said all you have to do is reindex the control arm bushings once you lower it. My 74 is stock heighth right now, but since I put my fatties on it, i'm gonna drop it down. But wheels already are towed in at the top, but amazingly enough I'm not wearing out the inside of my tires. It might be the front end, but my KC has a better turning radius then this one.

ymy74.jpg

tangled is an understatement.... but yes it is optima

i do have to say that the pic i have of the underhood makes it look much worse than it is... but its the only one i have

i promise it looks better in person

well i'm gonna do the forged rods and pistons... and i've heard the z head won't hold the power.... true/false????

Yeah I've not really heard anyone come out in support of the Z head for performance applications. I've not really heard much discussion on the Z head at all. It is a smog era/designed motor. Which means it gets dismissed or it is just not a good head.:lol: My 200sx is a Z20e. I am very interested to find if these heads are capable and just overlooked. I was curious about using the KA head if that's possible, idk. Your post was the first mention of it I've seen.

I gotta ask about the name PEZi720, Does it have anything to do with PEZ candy dispensers?

haha... no but i do get that a lot

it's actually just a nickname i got back in high school

Yeah I've not really heard anyone come out in support of the Z head for performance applications. I've not really heard much discussion on the Z head at all. It is a smog era/designed motor. Which means it gets dismissed or it is just not a good head.:lol: My 200sx is a Z20e. I am very interested to find if these heads are capable and just overlooked. I was curious about using the KA head if that's possible, idk. Your post was the first mention of it I've seen.

yeah i figured the KA would hold the power and be easier to work with in the end so why not... i'll have to use the KA engine cover as well of course which i kinda like the look of

to everyone else thanks again for the warm welcome... i should have my comp back up and running tomorrow unless the harddrive is toast and i'll be posting a bit more!