Project Dotty 56k :fu:

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

yup in the garage, i got one real bad run but i am going to sand it out and reshoot it, dont get me wrong its no expert job but i think it looks 10x better than the blue. and omg even with my resperator on it felt like i was breathing stright paint.

Blasta, congrats if you need some info just hit me up.

Edited by Danfinny
  • 3 weeks later...

Just a couple more updates. Got the transmission in, I used the stock tranny brace with a 70's silverodo mount. It was the 2 bolt kind but it was only $5 so I made it work. I cut the and re welded it i will post some pics of it later.

As for the tranny it self went right in no banging required i guess because my dotty was an auto.

The master and slave cylinders where a different story. I grabbed the clutch master cylinder from a 280zx and of course it was a direct fit, I also grabbed the slave cylinder from a 280zx. the hard part was finding a hard line.

Well I got cleaver and grabbed one also from a 280zx, it wasn't a direct fit but it was close enough that I could tweak it into place without any kinks.

and to attach it to the slave cylinder I used one of my rear brake lines since my dumb ass cut the hard lines when i cut the tunnel. Now that wasn't in any write up so i will put it here...WHATCH OUT FOR THE BRAKE LINES THAT RUN IN THE TRANNY TUNNEL.:mad:

Next came the peddles, I grabbed some from a 82 or 83 200sx, they were not a direct fit, to small width wise at the top. i fixed this by using washers on the brake side, the clutch side i didn't have the reverse threaded bolt for, so I used the a smaller diameter bolt and welded on one exhaust manifold washer on the right side and a thin flat washer on the left side, this eliminated any wobble.

Thats about it, next I guess i get to start the wiring get the driveshaft and do the exhaust... ALMOST there thank GOD :thumbsup:

100_3209.jpg

100_3210.jpg

100_3211.jpg

100_3212.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

IIITTTTTTSSSSSSSS ALIVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ok so started it today....i cant belive it acually started lol, as a matter of fact it ran so good it wouldn't shut off:lol: i got some wires crossed some where lol. so guess i am going to start wrapping everything up maybe start driving it in a few weeks :D

• 3 weeks later...

Just wanted to add some quick updates...It runs thats the best thing:D

every thing is done except for the driveshaft and i need a a maf for an obdII 240sx or 98-01 altima. also need to fix some spots in the paint nothing major. I also rolled the fenders in the back but do to the offset i still need to get about a one in spacer to raise the rear some.

here are some pics

Picture001.jpg

Picture003.jpg

Picture004.jpg

Picture005.jpg

Picture006.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Finally she is drivable. got the drive shaft in on WED on $82 for cut and balance. if anyone want to know where just pm me and I will tell you. He did good work though and it was done the next day. Finished up everything last night and took her for a ride.....I need stiffer back springs, I tried putting one inch spacers in but the springs are just to weak. so in anyone has some let me know. other than that she runs like a dog with his tail on fire. :D

100_3372.jpg

100_3301.jpg

100_3300.jpg