Project Dotty 56k :fu:

Well starting this weekend on the newly acquired 72 4 door.

going to post a-lot of pics and comments and suggestions are always welcome:)

Bought List

280z struts

280zx coilovers

280zx rotors

KA24DE with ecu, engine wiring and tranny

gasket kit for Engine

ACT clutch and pressure plate

timing kit (might as well while i have it out)

R160 VSLD from a 93-94 legacy

50% off at ecology and pick a part this weekend so i'll be there all day lol

Need List

A welder in San Diego to do the xmember(for cheep or i might have to try and do it my self :eek:)

tranny xmember, but i think i read somewhere that you can move it up and install an anchor nut or something more research needed.

shocks, front and rear

rear springs cause there is no way i am paying 400 bones for 2 coilovers :lol:

clutch pedal(out of what though:confused:, more research needed)

slave cylinder and everything to hook clutch up.

brakes out of 80-82 200sx hatchback(correct me if i am wrong)

relays, which i will pocket at the pick a part...i mean buy:D

Tach

Dotty012.jpg

Dotty009.jpg

Dotty008.jpg

Dotty007.jpg

Dotty006.jpg

maybe i should just put this in :D

Dotty004.jpg

Dotty005.jpg

Dotty003.jpg

Dotty002.jpg

Dotty001.jpg

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

anyone have a pic of the crossmember that isnt fuzzy lol

im gonna drive my car down next week. its kinda "budget" put together, but you're more than welcome to look at it.

we met last thursday...

p.s. if you're willing to help with my car.. I'm more than willing to take help :)

any other ka stuff you think you might need? I have the other drivetrain sitting at my folks too..

IMG_2609Small.jpg

you can kind of see where it was cut and flipped in that picture :o

Edited by inline4

Bought List

280z struts

280zx coilovers

280zx rotors

KA24DE with ecu, engine wiring and tranny

gasket kit for Engine

ACT clutch and pressure plate

timing kit (might as well while i have it out)

R160 VSLD from a 93-94 legacy

50% off at ecology and pick a part this weekend so i'll be there all day lol

Need List

A welder in San Diego to do the xmember(for cheep or i might have to try and do it my self :eek:)

tranny xmember, but i think i read somewhere that you can move it up and install an anchor nut or something more research needed.

shocks, front and rear

rear springs cause there is no way i am paying 400 bones for 2 coilovers :lol:

clutch pedal(out of what though:confused:, more research needed)

slave cylinder and everything to hook clutch up.

brakes out of 80-82 200sx hatchback(correct me if i am wrong)

relays, which i will pocket at the pick a part...i mean buy:D

Tach

while you're at the yard, pick up a 720 alternator bracket and a single cam KA thermostat housing.

the 240sx dual cam throttle cable and pedal are supposed to work. the way the pedal on my car was done was neither of those setups though (it's a budget fix it when it snaps kind of deal) errr as far as the clutch pedal it's probably easier to find it from a parts car.

while you're at the yard, pick up a 720 alternator bracket and a single cam KA thermostat housing

will do, I hope the pedals from the 240sx will work, that will save me some trouble, idk about finding a 720 though lol. i do know one thing i will be wearing big pants that day lol:D

while you're at the yard' date=' pick up a 720 alternator bracket and a single cam KA thermostat housing

will do, I hope the pedals from the 240sx will work, that will save me some trouble, idk about finding a 720 though lol. i do know one thing i will be wearing big pants that day lol:D[/quote']

the 720 has to do with lining the alternator to the right pulley so you can use one belt.

IMG_2665.jpg

IMG_2664.jpg

Edited by inline4

Ok so some more Dotty020.jpg WOW this car was low:eek: exhaust was rubbing on axel, bad juju

Dotty021.jpg quick temporary fix raised it about 1inch

Dotty022.jpg are you kidding me how hard is it to change the oil once in a while, by the way this is the KA heart transplant.

Dotty023.jpg

Dotty024.jpg

Dotty025.jpg

ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRG wtf who did this, no wasnt me found it this way....well good thing i can get my hands on some super high temp sealant cause i ain't drillin that shit out

Dotty026.jpg

Dotty027.jpg

Ok this is crazy...this motor has been rebuilt...or at least the bottom end was there is no way this has 165k on this block...still see hone marks and there is no scoring at all :D

Dotty030.jpg

Fiero GT water thingy....found it at the junkyard, this one looks like it was fairly new before the car ended up there, car was in good shape too hummm

Dotty029.jpg

Dotty033.jpg

putting in the new timing set.

Dotty035.jpg

haha whats wrong with this pic lol

Dotty036.jpg

Dotty039.jpg

Dotty042.jpg

LSDDDDDDDDD

Dotty040.jpg

Dotty043.jpg

Dotty044.jpg

sits this low with the eng out I think I need some shocks

Edited by Danfinny
Dan its cleaning up nice. Like the green on the motor too. Offer is still there to help weld your crossmember. 71 dimer [mario] has the same engine in his 510, ill ask & see if he can snap a pic of the front crossmember.

I sent you a pm, i aw, pretty sure i know what the xmember is supposed to look like. the only other question i had is fuel pump... well instead of getting a aftermarket one i pulled one off a fuel injected volvo, I think it will work it inline and should make enough pressure considering it came off a v6 volvo with injectors, idk we will see.

sweet!

I got my car to san diego...

kinda :o

OH NO!! what happened lol

edit: you should chop off the lip on the front of the x member I think it might interfere with the oil pan.

I have to mock it up still i will make all the adjustments as necessary then, but thanks for the heads up

I have to mock it up still i will make all the adjustments as necessary then, but thanks for the heads up

you can come by and check mine out if you'd like.

the jury is still out, I might have a busted motor, tranny, or rear end.

I dont know how to diagnose either, nor have the tools here to do so :o

jackstands and jack.

i dont know how i missed this lol clean starting point man cant wait to see it finished you running a stick in it or are you keeping it auto? if your willing to part with the 350 i have a nice home for it :D jk keep up the good work man

So another quick up date, got struts on and...... wheels will not go on so i am either going to have to do some more grinding so that i can move the coilovers down or maybe the bump steer spacers will raise it up enough to fix the problem.

I also started to do the Body work on it, I need a some help with the trunk and hood...if any one wants to volunteer:D, the rest is pretty straight, who ever painted it before almost did a good job but they didn't sand the filler/bondo down enough so it caused lines in the paint, also had some orange peel issues from not wet sanding between coats, or maybe they didn't thin the paint enough I don't know. My plans are to paint it with Rustoleum :lol:, seems like cars turn out pretty good with it and anything is better that that blue

Dotty051.jpg

Dotty050.jpg

Dotty049.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...