A truck that was completely forgotten!!!

Well lets start it at a junkyard that I always go to. I was looking for my new tranny for my 240z, and was brought to the back of the yard. He pointed out the tranny sitting in a truck which was stacked under another truck. Well I examined the tranny, walked around it a few times, and before I knew it I was looking down at a 1963 Datsun L320. I asked the owner of the yard how much for the truck, he said its not for sell cause it would be to hard to remove from the yard. Well I walked back there pushed the truck on top off and went out got my 4 spares off my trailer and traded my trailer for the truck. Made a few calls got a buddy to come out and help me and sad part was 2 hours later we got it running and rolling with ease. Funny thing is I have it sitting in my back yard half way apart and stopped because I will be getting shipped off in 2 months and I got no time now. But here is the treasure I found that everyone overlooked.

http://c2.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/71/l_de40d1b635619a92c243316d43273095.jpg

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah but it would be hard to cut my trailer in half to pay for it lol but yeah right now its actually running and i will be driving it as soon as i replace the old crusty fuel lines.

OH YEAH anyone got a spare steering wheel this one is NASTY.

Edited by 6l320datsun3

so you found a 1963 Datsun L320 that had a truck stack on top of the L320.

how did the roof get not crushed. :confused:

nice score and how about more pic's

and

WELCOME to RATSUN

you have now been biten by the Datsun addiction. :cool:

• 2 weeks later...
THe cab actually does have a good marking in it i pushed and hammer most of it out.

You can't tell from the angle the pic was taken.

Agreeing with Nissan Boy and calling you a lucky SOB. That's a beautiful truck, especially for a 63.

Sweet score man! Look forward to seeing the updated pics too. I sure wish that more Yards would come to their senses and let people buy more whole cars that need to be saved...not crush em to make 200 bucks.:mad:

I found my photos so ill let you guys in on what has been going on

The truck when we got it home.

m_bfca9d40d4b189737de0137e5f88f58b.jpg

The fender that need a bit of work

m_f522c430459312746f9bccbf00a32696.jpg

The Cab the best I could get it.

m_c8547707af747de8c75aeea15b4919fb.jpg

The interior

m_2950c8b2e6bc1ea2c67412a664633f60.jpg

The drivers fender fixed and ready to put on 2nd primer

m_ae329f403a017dab14ee3b05eb923a97.png

Hood with 2nd coat of primer

0406091610.jpg

Drivers fender on and primered

0406091611.jpg

Drivers door hung and primered

DSC_0301.jpg

passenger fender and door primered

0406091611a.jpg

ps door hung

DSC_0297.jpg

Front of truck primered and grill assembled

DSC_0300.jpg

Project so far pretty good and next is the cab and interior. That moron in the picture is me.

Wow, you did good. You will be happy many years from now when you will still be driving it and then someday your kids too. I have loads of parts, reasonable if you ever need anything. Your truck looks in good condition now. Be safe when you are gone...keep in touch, if you can, Tana

Well today kinda went out to my property to chill off a bit. Got home and found two things missing on my truck. MY DAMN WIPER ARMS!!! Anyone got some extras or anything that would interchange. Also they broke the knob off on my drivers side any way of getting that some how?