I think I'm going be sick.

Madness

Broke the perfect windshield I had pulled out of my 521 last night... :(

Can anyone tell me where I might be able to find one? Would a auto glass place still be able to get one? I think I was reading a while back about these pieces of glass are pretty rare and can cost quite a bit.

I am such an idiot. I shattered it trying to put it in a "safe spot"

...bart

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Some how I think an easily replaceable 620 hood just doesn't compare to a pretty dang rare, really hard to find 521 window. :) If you can still find a new one...it's going to be about $400 delivered. Do an advanced search on the nwde.org site...I think that's where the info is about who was selling them several years ago. I seriously doubt they have any more.

You can find them on ebay.....but I've never seen anyone willing to ship them. :( Good luck!!

Some how I think an easily replaceable 620 hood just doesn't compare to a pretty dang rare, really hard to find 521 window. :) If you can still find a new one...it's going to be about $400 delivered. Do an advanced search on the nwde.org site...I think that's where the info is about who was selling them several years ago. I seriously doubt they have any more.

You can find them on ebay.....but I've never seen anyone willing to ship them. :( Good luck!!

I know, I know..... I was trying to be optimistic :)

I hope you can find yourself a replacement.

Pilkington classics made a limited production run of 521 windshields a few years back. They only made 15, if they sold well they were going to make more. I bought 2 of them for right around 500 shipped, the 1st one they sent was shatered, so they sent me 2 more. I know they sold all the stock they had, but i do not believe they produced anymore. It might be worth a try to check with them. Price may seem high, but i cannot stand old pitted windshields.

elite auto glass quoted 780 installed... i dont have that kind of cash but I can install it myself. Im going to try some old junk yards around here, somebody may have one. The yard that I knew about that had at least 20 520/1's was bought out by another yard and everything was crushed.

I'd check the local wrecking yards for a good windshield. Cut the rubber molding with a razor knife on the one you're going to yank. Much higher success rate and usually the rubbers are toast anyway.

That's one of the reasons I sold my 521, which I still regret. Didn't want to spend 450 easy for a windshield. I mean, I had to pay 160 for the 510 windshield, but at least I was still able to find one semi-easily.

cutting the seal is how I pulled both the windshield and rear glass out of my truck because I didn't want to break them. There's an old yard about a mile or two from my house, ill ask the old man if I could wonder around it for a bit. I'm pretty sure there is a scrap yard in greeley that might have something. Not to many people know about it. Pull-n-save... no way. I guess there is a hard to find u pull it in denver that i've never been to. Just about all of the good old yards have closed down because of development or competition buy out. Its really sad to see all that historic steel just get crushed and scrapped.

what about U pull it? Every one of them around here are way too new and never have anything older than 90's.

Like I saild earlier theres a 521 with a good windshield here in P town. at least 2 weeks ago there was anyway. Maybe I will look again Mon or Tues and pick it up if its still there. I cant believe there so spendy. If I new they were that much I would have bought it a couple weeks ago The good thing about upull it is if it breaks at least your no out any coin.:)