Roof racks on trucks. Gimmie some pictures.

Madness

My 521 is going to be in many different stages of construction, the true rat way, just get it to the point you can drive it. Most of its early stages are going to be bedless and I plan on traveling with it during this stage. My major problem is going to be where am I going to put all my stuff, like if I am able to make it to Canby where am I going to put my luggage, extra fuel, tools, parts, sleeping bag and tent, and of course that trophy Ill be driving back with :D It is a standard cab so not much room on the inside with all that stuff. I've seen tool boxes, wooden chests and milk crates but I want something more... A roof rack. That's what my truck is really going to need, piled up with some 70's plaid luggage.

So post up anything you can find. All years of trucks, 510's, 411's anything really, I'm very open minded.

Just to keep this post interesting.

Lvnwrth07120.jpg

34pic152.jpg

I know... not datsuns but I used to be a VW guy. :rolleyes:

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

:D:D:D Morning Madness,

I happened to see a very unusual and strange sight the other day, but it was on a newer nissan truck. but you could probably do it with the datto also, this guy had removed his bed due to an accident and had mounted a pipe/lumber rack right to the frame using pieces of 2x4 and 4x4 for spacing. it was down at the home depot here in downtown Seattle. I just had to laugh at it as he drove by cause it looked like something I would expect to see from back in the little town where my wife grew up in OHIO. no offense meant to anyone he grew up in small towns back east...LOL. anyway i didnt get any pics of it, but with all of these sort of things being given away on craigslist you should be able to come up with something unique to set your ride up quite nicely,, as my son would say, do it the whip way.

Have a great day and keep your imagination open to any and all creations out there!!!!:lol:

Nonsense! Roof's too small. If the beds off, the bed mounts will still be there. Slap a plywood box together and bolt to the mounts. You can make it as big as you want, sides, a top, tie downs. And it's aerodynamic, easier to get at, more secure. Roof racks are for station wagons or cars with large roofs.

• 2 weeks later...

wasn't that D-50 on a minitruckin cover a few months ago? Very nice, you should just build one like you were saying, if you do you should make wood slats for it, they look better than the whole thing made out of metal, it would also go along with the rest of your mods nicely.

wasn't that D-50 on a minitruckin cover a few months ago? Very nice, you should just build one like you were saying, if you do you should make wood slats for it, they look better than the whole thing made out of metal, it would also go along with the rest of your mods nicely.

sure was ;) is a pretty nice truck IMHO

• 2 months later...