77 deluxe kc (wow) must see? Original

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Had a hard time posting pics and lost all of the info and didn't want retype. Truck has 95,000 original miles, new carb, red coat the tank, A/C works, new tires, etc. etc.. Interior very nice has one crack but not a tear in drivers seat. The carpet does need replaced. Basically no rust. Its not perfect but it would be hard to find a cleaner one. If anybodys interested I will get any pictures you want. I've restored lots of truck, tractors and things over the years and it easy to start with a nice clean one from the begining. Thats fine if people want to be sarcasric about the price, this forum as been very helpful and wanted to offer it here first. The obo (or best offer) at the end is there for a reason.

Sorry man

I have seen clean rigs like this, new paint etc, With only 1 mirror per door and no dents, immaculate condition going for 2500 on craigs list.

just trying to figure out what seperates this from the rest of them out there and why its worth 5k? 510s are more desirable and sell for less.. Just wondering is all

Thats fine if people want to be sarcasric about the price, this forum as been very helpful and wanted to offer it here first. The obo (or best offer) at the end is there for a reason.

Nobody is being sarcastic. Even in those fairly small pictures I see a dent. That truck's market value is roughly half of what you are asking. Possibly a bit more than half if you can prove otherwise. Needing new carpet and not so clean fenderwells and frame doesn't help. With that high of an asking price you'll be hard pressed to even get someone to give you a serious offer for what its worth.

i just picked up a 78 that was about the same condition as that for 600 i know i got a good deal but it would have never sold for anything close to 5000.....try your price out for a while, but i dont think you are going to get it. good luck and if someone buys it more power too you.

i wasn't being sarcastic or trying to bust your chops. on this. i just know from experience if you can't show the potential buyer why its worth what you are asking, you're going to have a hard time getting what you are asking. to me i think you should post some interior shots. the bodies on these trucks get beat but over the years the interiors are usually hammered harder than the body. if the interior is immaculate, then you've got something, other wise i think a fair and reasonable offer for a truck like this would be around $1500-$1700.

I know the price is a bit high but I would entertain an offer (obo)? You can find them painted up, but that makes me wonder whats under the paint. I just found over the years clean, staight, original paint, original dings and dents, etc are really hard to find and at the same time will save a person hundreds if not thousands on getting it up to par just to start with and you know were you stand. Also; truck comes with anthor whole drive train to use with truck if needed or wanted (motor, trany,radiator, etc.)

I'm not convinced that's original paint. Have to see a pic with the tailgate UP. The tailgate isn't original at a minimum- or it's been modified. Only '79s had that inner panel. And the taillight housings look like they're painted (they aren't supposed to be body color, they were painted flat metallic from the factory).

"A little high" is quite an understatement.

also it being from Kansas it could be rusty. I see alot of inner fender rust. Under body pics? Im not trying to pick on this I just want to know if our trucks really could fetch such a price. If so Im going to start investing since the stock market cant seem to keep my dollar a dollar anymore.

also it being from Kansas it could be rusty. I see alot of inner fender rust. Under body pics? Im not trying to pick on this I just want to know if our trucks really could fetch such a price. If so Im going to start investing since the stock market cant seem to keep my dollar a dollar anymore.

somebody else down south over there was saying that trucks and cars go for more there because of the rust issue, dont go getting any ideas i am trying to afford a king cab on the west coast :D

I don't think you bothered anyone here they just know what it's worth. But as my Dad said when he was selling cars "There's a ass for every seat son" so who knows that ass may walk into your yard soon. Like I'm selling my 69 GMC 3/4 ton 4x4 and it's a sweet old, not rusty low mile(45k) truck, I want 6500 for it and have not got a bite on it. It's twice the truck as the new ones. But it's old I guess.

Peace Man, WRAT

PS: I would take the extra rear view off and put some stainless screws in the holes.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.