Bending the rules-Craigslist

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

didnt nissan re-release the Z (240 only???) fully restored, new everything, and try to sell em ~$70,000 a decade or so ago???

Yes. Totally rebuilt and with really first class paint jobs. [i talked to one of the paint and body men. Nissan inspectors were Picky, picky, picky!] Not sure if they offered a new car warranty, but they should have!

"Car has 6k mi. since restoration and is fully "broken in" with over $31,000 INVESTED."

and he is selling it for 35k, he is telling you upfront he is going to rip you off

lol even if he spent 50k he still woulnt get 35k for it, theres not much resale on Z cars. im ok with that tho, makes it affordable for guys like me :D

Speaking of craigslist, if you use a mac there is a website crazedlist.org follow the instructions disabling the rss feeds and you can search the whole site, every city in every state that is on cl Saves so much time!!

you can do this on Window or Mac or Linux. As long as you use firefox or any browser that lets you modify the page refs that it needs.

re⋅store

   /rɪˈstɔr, -ˈstoʊr/ Show Spelled Pronunciation [ri-stawr, -stohr] Show IPA

–verb (used with object), -stored, -stor⋅ing.

1. to bring back to a former, original, or normal condition, as a building, statue, or painting.

2. to reproduce or reconstruct (an ancient building, extinct animal, etc.) in the original state.

Datsun 4bbl ???

Iv seen a Z432, the model with the S20 DOHC motor was a 432R I believe

All z432's came with the s30 hence the name z432, 4 valve per cylinder, 3 carbs, 2 ohc's. People pay 15k+ for the s20 motor so suffice to say a z432 and z432r sell for 35k+ easy. Shit, just the aftermarket osg head sells for 10k+. The r's just came lighter with a better tune on the motor, optional close ratio tranny, dif ratios (lsd), no clock, no heater, no sound deadening/carpet, steel wheels etc... because they knew they were going to be used for racing. Where as the base z432 was used for more normal uses, some even bought and used by the police.

The sister car to the s30 bre, the one that wasn't totaled, has been for sale in NY state and on ebay multiple times so far where it reached 35+k reserve not met. I haven't seen it on though in a couple weeks now, I wonder if someone bought it. It had been used to date in vintage class racing lol, I love it.

Edit : I'm going to email that guy and ask where he gets his pot though......

Edited by 72240z
exactly. And a 280Z with 240Z bumpers.

Even if he had a first year, RHD, low VIN Fairlady Z it wouldn't be worth $35,000 in that condition.

...or would it? :blink:

Honestly? I think it would. Like a time machine car, all original under 50 vin blah blah. At maybe a specialty auction, it's possible. You know how purists are, esp the series one/jdm guys. Some have deep pockets, paying 2500 for a nos dash and what not.

I mean it's not really if s30's can be worth that much is it? I think its pretty solid they can but they have to be special, cream of the crop cars, rare or with a rich history. Not a car someone just put money into lol. I still can't believe the balls he has. I see some people selling 280zxs in my area with 50k miles for 25k, well trying I mean. Dreamers......

My roadster has a low vin# 102 for the chassis and# 643 for the block, does that make it more collectible or worth sinking 20-30k into it. Looking on the 311 registry there are only 4 66 roadsters with lower a vin# It's not under 50 but with only a few lower for that year. On a side note being from

New Zealand i grew up around dattos and they have a pretty strong forum worth joining http://datsun.co.nz/phpBB3/

o