Cons:

Its butt-ugly.

smashed cab, rust, rust, dents, rust...

blown head gasket, Non-op title...

too many to list

Pros:

L20b with a 5 speed!!

cheeeeep!

straight front bumper, grill, lights, ect...

Gonna pull the motor and trans...

and build it for the 521 (yaay 2L 5 speed!!)

Anyway, I'm gonna part everything out, so if you need 620 parts (minus motor/trans) let me know what you need!

DSC01850.jpg

DSC01851.jpg

DSC01852.jpg

DSC01853.jpg

DSC01854.jpg

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That's a '79 so has the desirable matchbox dizzy too. You had better pull and take the rear end too... it's a 4.11 and matched to the '79s super low 1st gear. This will give you the best mileage and the rear ratio/tranny cog is matched so your speedometer won't suddenly be out and reading high. The L20B won't need the 521s 4.375 rear at all. Be sure to use the radiator, downpipe and power assist brakes and mater cylinder. Maybe grab the front discs and have them if you convert over later.

That's a '79 so has the desirable matchbox dizzy too. You had better pull and take the rear end too... it's a 4.11 and matched to the '79s super low 1st gear. This will give you the best mileage and the rear ratio/tranny cog is matched so your speedometer won't suddenly be out and reading high. The L20B won't need the 521s 4.375 rear at all. Be sure to use the radiator, downpipe and power assist brakes and mater cylinder. Maybe grab the front discs and have them if you convert over later.

Thanks, planning to swap almost all of the drivetrain over. If you can think of anything else I'll need, please let me know! Will I need to fab a driveshaft?

Grab everything off the '79 and have it just in case, even the driveshaft.

I forgot you'll also have an internal regulated alt.

Too bad it's a KC you could almost just swap the 521 body onto it. You could if you ran a flatbed on the back.

Edited by datzenmike
Hessianben: I would like the console and the wiper switch. That is if the wiper switch is an inter. switch. How much to ship to 97352?

EDIT: How is the radio antena? Good shape?

PM sent.

radio antenna is .....

...bad.:rolleyes:

Pmed you on the whole cluster, I'll take it all. I got to him first ther ezcruiser, so hopefully that counts. Just tell me where to send the money. Thanks again

PM sent.

gotta be fair. 1st come 1st served

Hessianben: I would like the console and the wiper switch. That is if the wiper switch is an inter. switch. How much to ship to 97352?

EDIT: How is the radio antena? Good shape?

Any chance that it has the rare intermittent switch? It will have a third on position. Pulls out three clicks, and the remote delay box is above the speaker in the right kickpanel.

Jester, i thought that you already had this setup? Bad switch?