update on my non datto collection

most of you guys know me as the guy that shows up to your meets in some random half finished yota and talks shit.

the rest wonder why i even post here. :fu:

not really sure why i post here, cept i like the smell.

but somewhere buried in this forum is a introductory thread with whatever yota's i had at the time. since my forum of choice is having major issues at the moment i feel the need for post.

so here goes.

formula is:

original pic

random build pics

current status pic

stats of rig

1st off my baby a 1979 celica ST (base model) coupe, here is where it sat for 5 years needing a starter. $75 and a starter i had kicking around and i drove it home

072006_1538a.jpg

tried swapping to a supra front clip and was never happy with the grill

100307_1719a.jpg

then i imported some gawd-awful-F'n expensive bumpers from a austrailian junkyard

090708_1329a.jpg

and decided to go back to a stock front clip, the supra hood caught way too much air at high speeds and the front would lift @ around 90mph

090708_1707a.jpg

also included:

weber 45 DCOE w/2in exhaust and a stock quiet muffler, almost perfect interior, 15in supra rims, and a soon to be installed 7.5 diff with disks.

DSC03653.jpg

next up is the other side of the celica coin. the lifted celica. 1978 celica GT hatch. got it for free and have ALWAYS driven it like it was stolen.

started out mostly perfect...mostly

DSCN2414.jpg

then after a spirited dyke session (dirt kind, not female kind) both front strut pillow mounts were destroyed.

is_00243.jpg

]2edeye got a lil drunk and made some 4in lift hard mounts for em, i went yarding and found some late 80's ford areostar springs for the rear. some big 29in tires mounted on some 15in z wheels completed the package

052306_1840a.jpg

i decided to swap the supra front clip over to the lifted celica, it rarely sees speeds high enuff to worry about lift. will here in the next couple of weeks add 4 more headlights, and a bull bar.

100508_1551a.jpg

also included:

weber 32/36

newer cast tri-y style manifold with a single glass pack welded to the collector, 3in invisible pipe all the way to the back.

for more details please take the video tour

now my wheeler

80 4x4, been rolled twice and stolen once.

i figure i dont need to post much about it as its been covered on another recent thread in general discussion in a shit ton of detail.

but here is couple pics n video for those interested

DSCN0036.jpg

currently under major reconstructive surgery

DSCN0047.jpg

next up is my soon to be crown jewel. a 1974 corona wagon. paid $50 for it.

042806_1037a.jpg

a traditional rattle can 2tone paint job, some supra parts, a supercharger and a lil bit of lowering later

092307_1736c.jpg

the motor in question

031708_2035c.jpg

re-installing fuel lines this week:D

last but not least is my 1975 hilux, paid $150. sat for 5-7years swapped from points to electronic ignition and have put 15k on it worry free.

101907_1430a.jpg

ive gone through a couple different kinds of wheels, keystone kustoms, stock dog dish, and now finnally some 97 mustang 17's

IMG_0054.jpg

then i promptly slammed it

DSCN0066.jpg

plan to swap beds and make the lower body line on the bed look more "correct". how it is now is stock, or supposed to be that way. but i find it goofy and want to "fix" it.

not pictured cuz they will be sold soon:

78 hilux- parting out

78 celica- selling cheap

85 AE86 SR5- selling, but not cheap. :fu:

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like you live down in South Seattle, Im in Lake Union Drydock, we should meet up and kick each others tires!

fixed that for ya :D

im currently unemployed, so ya whenever is clever. not like i got much else to do:cool:

i do have a job.

im fixing my shit and over charging for parts i find in the junkyard and cars i got for next to nothing. :fu:

im also a carb/2xr/random toyota tech for various people. ive been booked every day this week.:D

next week im gonna be truely unemployed. gonna get wasted morning till night and maybe turn a wrench or two. but mostly just tell people "im fixen on em". if i had a yard id put a dishwasher in it

• 2 months later...

ive been slowly metamorphizing the look of the lifted celica, to a much more respectable mad max/rally car.

now i think i have the headlights handled.

turned a full set of corona headlight bezels into some extra lights, gonna wire em all up to run as hi and low beams, with switches so i can turn on and off each pair.

DSCN0398.jpg

DSCN0399.jpg

DSCN0400.jpg

i also snapped this pic, cuz i dont think i have a high res pic prooving just how hard i drive it.

DSCN0401.jpg

• 4 months later...

update on the hilux:cool:

first i attacked it with a flap disc and a sander, found WAY more mud on the truck then i thought.

DSCN0449.jpg

but i kinda had my first rat rod for a minute there

DSCN0686.jpg

then i got pulled over for not having a bumper of all things :rolleyes:

so i slapped my bed on

DSCN0746.jpg

then while abusing ]2edeye's cool neighborhood i swapped from a 4:38 to a 4:10 and put some canned makeup on.

DSCN0762.jpg

swapped the fender i could and mudded up the bad one (long story)slapped the trim on and polished anything i could rub out.

DSCN0779.jpg

went to the pstoc car show and got "best street truck-old" my first trophy:cool:

DSCN0785.jpg

the interior is next, mostly for sale at the moment but not cheap:fu:

need funds for longfields, and they are really not cheap.

ya the crown turned into a mazda 1600 (i think) wagon that is 3/4 part of the ground, grass on the floor boards n stuff.

i used krylon satin black. i did it out side and that was my F up. the wind kicked up so it was hard to lay a even coat. if you can do it inside and i like to lightly dust, then hit it again a lil harder, then one more time for the full coverage. ends up with a fairly thick coat. prep with a green 3m sponge and wait a couple days then wash the overspray off with a soft towel.

soon as i have money i might have to track him down at a event, didnt know you could get em cheaper then driving out to his shop. :cool:

if your talking a 84ish body style or talking a 82-83 sub gen your still wrong :fu:

mines really a 3rd gen :D

but either way, the older you go the less room you have for wheels. so anything that fits mine will fit yours with room to spare. the only thing i had to do to run these wheels was to get ford style large acorn lug nuts in a yota thread.

and i have no idea what it is with 4rnr's n 510's ive had neither :lol:

if your talking a 84ish body style or talking a 82-83 sub gen your still wrong :fu:

mines really a 3rd gen :D

but either way, the older you go the less room you have for wheels. so anything that fits mine will fit yours with room to spare. the only thing i had to do to run these wheels was to get ford style large acorn lug nuts in a yota thread.

and i have no idea what it is with 4rnr's n 510's ive had neither :lol:

yup 86 actually might be searchin for a set..

do you know if the 15 inch tacoma fit with no issues

this is mine next to bleaches truck

3888248068_e1d858162b_o.jpg