510 Boso Wagon - Supercharged KA24DE

WagDatto

Damn man, I just went through an looked over all pics, thats one helluva build so far.

Truly makes me want one even more.

Haha, thanks, man! It's been a BLAST so far, and a HUGE learning experience! Phase Two of this build is about to start... Supercharger kit will be shipped by the end of this week, so it should be here next week! I've got to get some things back from Chris so I can reassemble the motor and start mocking things up... Depending on what work needs to be done, I'm hoping to get this motor ready to swap in a month or two!!

• Replies 535
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Train rings are on the bottom of my list of things I need. If I find the right deal, I'll probably snag a few just because they're available at the time, but I'm not going out of my way to find them until the motor/suspension is done.

Tow Hook Penguin stays for now!!

I've been looking! Only ones I can find are the cheap aftermarket ones!!

Train rings are on the bottom of my list of things I need. If I find the right deal, I'll probably snag a few just because they're available at the time, but I'm not going out of my way to find them until the motor/suspension is done.

Idk how those 2 statements fit but ok lol. I was just trying to help.

Idk how those 2 statements fit but ok lol. I was just trying to help.

LOL!! I thought about it after I posted... I just meant I've got my eyes open, but I'm not digging through pages trying to find them. When I go on ebay, I always poke around while I'm looking for badges, and other misc pieces anyway. But again, I'm not in any rush to get them, I can always get them later on.

Well I've got my fingers crossed that the kit gets here this week... I'm going to pick up some stuff from Chris' place, and start reassembly of my motor!

I have all new seals and timing chain accessories, and plenty of RTV to have the whole motor resealed. I've also got a new water pump ready for install, and numerous other goodies for the new motor.

Basically, this week I want to have everything ready to bring to Phil's house and start turning wrenches getting it prepped for the Eaton, even though the supercharger plates need to be copied, and the supercharger needs to be ported, etc. I still have a fair amount of polishing/painting to do on some motor bits (intake manifold in particular!) to get it ready, but that doesn't have to be done until we're ready to rock 'n roll on the kit.

Monday/Tuesday, I'm going to be attempting to add another leaf to my lowered pack to crank it down a hair more stiffen things up more, too. Really hoping I get things right back there!! I'm falling asleep.. Updates as they come!

Okay, since the supercharger should be here hopefully this week (fingers crossed!!), it's time for me to narrow down my goals to what's practical in the scheme of getting the car running and not dealing with too much headache.

Clean, strip, reseal new motor

Skull and Bones oil block

Cometic MLS Headgasket

New intake/exhaust gaskets

Clean/Paint/Polish Supercharger

Polish upper intake manifold

Strip '95 S14 wiring harness/tuck

Modify exhaust (hang too low for projected ride height)

Clean/Paint/Install new transmission

Possible B&M shifter

Install GReddy E Manage Ultimate/base tune

New fuel lines

New clutch/pressure plate

Install Fidanza flywheel.

I think that sums up what needs to be done in the next few months to get the motor in.

That being said, if ANYBODY has a 1995 S14 engine harness, I'm looking for one! Obviously it doesn't need to be in perfect condition, but I do need it in working condition with all the bare essentials intact.

You are stupid... for not having this thing running yet!! I don't need a sway bar quite yet. Once I deal with suspension, I'll deal with a front sway bar. For now, the car understeers enough as it is, and having no sway bar is probably helping fix that issue at least a small amount!

I'm also looking for a new header to modify so I can tuck it higher against the tranny tunnel.

Sorry for the blatant copy/past from my zilvia thread, I didn't wanna retype it all!!

Your car owns the spot on my desktop.

Fucking amazing.

That is all.

Thanks man! I appreciate it.

At the local Watercooled VW meet last night (happens every Saturday right up the road from my house), the aircooled bugs came out again, but this time they stopped to chat. They were totally loving on my car AND Phil's VIP Mazda Minivan!! I guess that's fair, though... Phil and I were drooling all over their cars, too! They were pretty cool, one of them has seen me cruising around from time to time, and we've exchanged nods and waves before on the road, so it was kinda need to meet him in person.

Phil and I were chatting about the build, and we're both really excited to start digging in... This week, I think I'm going to start putting the motor back together. I need to get some things back from Chris (oil pan, intake manifold, etc, etc) so I can clean them, reinforce the oil pan, polish the manifold, etc. It shouldn't take too long to get the motor back together, resealed and re-timed and ready for the supercharger. I still have some painting and polishing to do before it's ready for final assembly, but holding up the lower front cover against the block looks SEXXXYYY!! Ivory on Gold... The upper timing cover is polished to a mirror finish, and I'm thinking that Ivory on all the motor bracketry would look kinda cool...

What color should the transmission get? I'm thinking something bright, but not too annoying. You can just barely see it from the engine bay, and while it's out... why not? Obviously the block is gold, and the brackets/front cover are getting Ivory... I'm thinking of doing Ivory on the transmission too... What do you guys think? Any other suggestions?

So yesterday I got the tracking numbers for two boxes of supercharger stuff... and a tracking number for a sweeeeeet spoiler! Both should be here by the end of the week.

I'm also waiting on a check to clear, and will be buying a new 1995 KA wiring harness... I'm planning on stripping it down to the bare essentials and doing a wire tuck! That combined with my wild color scheme should really make the engine bay a "wow factor" in a lot of ways. Now I need to figure out a color for the supercharger.....

you know, they have color change paint right? now that could be pretty kewl on either the trani or the blower..... and that way you can see how hard you are pushing her since it reacts to heat.... ;)

well, if you need any help with the wiring harness, let me know...... i cleaned up the harness chris "tucked" and re-wrapped it, then i re-wrapped my entire engine harness from 1971..... took a bit of time though, but well worth it.... sooooo much cleaner....

and you never got back to me about the gap between tire and rear fender....

Wow factor like

wow wtf?

or

wow sweet?

Yes.

That's the best answer I can give you. Even when I'm starting to hold parts together and visualize how they'll look, I'm thinking to myself "why the FUCK am I doing this? It's so weird, but it's so awesome!"

If I'm going to be the "Boso Goon," I need to give a good representation of what Boso really is!

you know, they have color change paint right? now that could be pretty kewl on either the trani or the blower..... and that way you can see how hard you are pushing her since it reacts to heat.... ;)

well, if you need any help with the wiring harness, let me know...... i cleaned up the harness chris "tucked" and re-wrapped it, then i re-wrapped my entire engine harness from 1971..... took a bit of time though, but well worth it.... sooooo much cleaner....

and you never got back to me about the gap between tire and rear fender....

Yeah, the harness will be a really nice touch. I'm taking a page out of the Honda books and I'll be trying to do a realllllly good job of it! I dislike the Honda "scene," but their engine bays look killer when they're tucked! Those guys to to the extremes.... It looks like the motor is floating!

As far as gap between fender and wheel, I'm the wrong person to ask... I don't get camber when I get drop... But to answer your queston, I get just enough room to put my hand in to my lowest knuckles and wrap my fingers over the top of the tire. It's all I need, you need way less though.

IMG_0662resize.jpg