Buy or not? im torn!

510er

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay here are some pics ill get more tomorrow i ran out of space on my camera phone.. IMG00100.jpg

Wrench welded into the floor patch

IMG00107.jpg

Some rust on the passenger floor pan IMG00114.jpgIMG00110.jpg

i put speakers in the holes

IMG00111.jpg

What is this thing? IMG00115.jpg

super cool patten visors and tweed-like flawless headliner IMG00116.jpg

Like i said ill get more tomorrow, of the busted ass dash, i may even fix that, let me know if anyone wants specific pictures

Doesn't look too bad. $300 for a running truck would be a steal around here. I paid $180 for the POS 74 ive got.

I love the wrench, is it metric?

HAHA i was waiting for that question, there are atleast 2 wrenches maybe three and i didnt actually look for a size, one is so snotted up i wont be able to tell, I hope there craftsman so when i cut them out and do a propper fix i can get new ones :lol::lol::lol:

By the by if i hold on to this truck for a few months i will prob put new floor pans in it but my goal is to not do anything that will take it off the road for more than 2 days at a time:D

Now that is a Ratsun:cool: Very cool paint scheme! We need more pics:fu:

I know right damn camera phone!:fu: so I think im going to rattle can the steelies red, any good suggestions on how to make it come out faded to get the patina look? im thining a light coat of white with a light coat of red, then do a light sanding on em...:confused:

if using rattle can, just shoot them when it's very cold outside and they should blush, giving that faded effect, if using spray gun , use same cold tech. but do very light coats with both types of spray, cold weather always makes paint blush/ fade , when done in light coats..:D

if using rattle can, just shoot them when it's very cold outside and they should blush, giving that faded effect, if using spray gun , use same cold tech. but do very light coats with both types of spray, cold weather always makes paint blush/ fade , when done in light coats..:D

so i should paint them out side? or should i prep them leave them outside for an hour so the get cold, then bring them back in and paint them while they are cold? my shop is heated so they will prob warm up fairly quick.

so im doing the rising sun, but with a twist. Im going to do a solar eclipse im going to try to cross breed these three photographs and make a bad ass hood

total_lg.gif

SolarEclipse.jpg

2502983473_4bbd9f82a4.jpg?v=0

And i know its not a 620 hood :)

So the background will be black and you can figure out the rest, if someone is a photo shop genius feel free

Too bad I didn't see this earlier Owen, I'm pretty sure that is the 77 longbed that one of my neighbor's boyfriend sold a little while back. I would have bought it but balked on the rust. Same exact paint scheme, but is yours long bed?

yeah matt it is the long box, who ever had it got it towed the guy i bought it from bought if from an abandoned vehicle auction. Not a big deal about the rust... since that is what i do and all haha.

About the hood graphic, im not going to do a vynal like lynch said im thinking im going to do a light coat white circle then do a light coat of red over the top and while its still tacky im going to sand a bit down to get the combo of pinks white reds and black, and as for the rays of the sun im going to do a few light coats of white with a coat of red over the top, and then when its dry im going to hard sand the edges to blend with the back and light sand the red to fade the rays. in my head it works.

I have an airbrush and am pretty good with a few graphic techniques but not lately if you know what i mean