ok, this is bullshit.....i want to be lower in the rear!!!

Llittle_Llama

ok, you all know what i have done to the rear, and it is WAY the fuck too high! here are the pics from my bed removal earlier this week. what can i do to get a few more inches? I am HOPEFULLY backhalfing it this weekend, but i want to slam this damn thing to see what i was doing wrong first. thanks in advance!

HPIM1769.jpg

HPIM1770.jpg

HPIM1776.jpg

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I only have the main leaf and overload in my truck, it's lasted for 40k miles, rides like shit though :D In the future I want to get a full leaf pack have it re-arched maybe use blocks to dial in the exact height if the arch isn't perfect... maybe a small C notch. Just giving you something to think about :D

mono leaf = fail bad bad bad

Glad you said that!

Running a single leaf seriously weakens the springs ability to hold the axle in place longitudinally or side to side, (tire rub?) not to mention extreme up and down travel on bumps that can bottom out the frame or shocks.

You should run at least several springs. The 521/620/720 rear springs are all the same length at 1,200mm. 720 4X4 springs are mounted on top of the axle for added height so lots of arch isn't needed with them. All 4X4 spring packs have roughly 1/2 the amount of arch as 2wd springs.

Maybe the top two 4X4 springs on yours or have yours re-arched at a shop. I had my top 620 spring arched even more to match a Ford F-150 spring pack.. about 9". I went in on a Sat. and the guy did both for $20. The guy's boss had him working a Sat and no customers so he probably needed beer money and put it in his pocket.:lol:

if you flip them over and use blocks, you'll touch the frame. i had a '76 620 back in the 80's and thats how we did it. i used to be able to scrape up the freeway dots. that was fun, but the people behind me didnt think so. :D

so your saying to take the whole leaf spring pack and flip it,and how many inches do you think that will drop it.

ok, money is tighter than i thought so no metal was bought this week :( plus i dont have the money for 4 link yet, so i want to bottom this bitch out in the rear and put the bed back on for a week cause the ranger is fucking up again. how do i slam it in the rear? what am i missing?!?

You mentioned in another thread that it wont even go down a little bit when standing on the frame, it was suggested that you remove those stiff ass KYB shocks and see what happens. Have you bothered to do this? You only need to take the tops off if the bed is still off, that makes it only two nuts. Whats the excuse this time?

What do you want for ride height? Axle on the frame? Dont care what it rides like? Dont care if it breaks other stuff in the future? Go the FAIL route and mono-leaf it in the back..OR go for the guaranteed FAIL route and mono-leaf it with stacked blocks..

What is the point of lowering it even lower for a week, so that you can buy some metal and go the other FAIL route of back-halving your truck.

Leave it alone and enjoy it as a DATSUN

thanks......why would you say backhalfing is bad? no one said SHIT when others on here did it..... it ALREADY rides like shit, its rough as hell. i will remove the shocks tomorrow and see what that does. i just want to know why others are so much closer to the ground and have done the same thing that i have.

I'm betting your shocks are bottoming out or they are just to stiff. Here's my 620 with just the overload spring no blocks that I can recall it would have been tucking almost a inch of tire if the rear wheel arches weren't cut out.

EDIT: I dont know what you guys are doing wrong but my truck road good except when the front would bottom out (no front bump stops)

NewImports003.jpg

Edited by LeDevil

Yea I rode in your truck and it rode fine. My truck would take corners with no problems either. I like my trucks low because I don't ever plan on hauling crap lol. The onyl thing I ever hauled in mine was Dislexics huge ass engine hoist which made my truck look like a tow truck. But seriously these are trucks unless you start four linking them and using coil overs or bags to fine tune them your not gonna get sports car handling out of them.