1984 720 Nissan Dually

2 hours ago, sami_i_am said:

Does anyone know the bolt pattern for the dually rear wheels 1984 720?

I used to know but have forgotten, why do you need a spare or something?

Your Nissan 720 appears to be a normal cab/chassis dually truck, the front wheels are normal 720 rims, the odds are you have a 4.37 rear axle, my 521 dually axle has 4.625 gears, I have heard of 4.88 gears but never seen one, and some of the Nissan 720 4wd trucks with the C200 had 4.11 gears that will install in the C200 dually axle, I asked Nissan if there were any other more freeway oriented gears for the C200 dually axle and the shop guy said no, but there may be aftermarket gears out there for the C200 4wd version.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The 1980 720 4x4 Long Bed had 4.625 gears. That's it.

The 520 had an aluminum case 4.875 differential.

The '73 620 with automatic had 4.625 differential.

Probably nothing available anymore. Used to be that any trailer sales shop also fabricated and installed receiver hitches. I'm sure there's someone near you that can make one.

When I am building a receiver hitch, I try to start with a setup from another vehicle and modify it to fit whatever I'm working on. If you went to the local pick-n-pull and took a receiver off of a full size Chevy truck, it could be made to work with very little fab. The reason I say full size is that you can narrow one of those to fit, but if you get one that's too narrow, it's not as strong to add material.

What about a hitch from a later model Nissan pickup, such as a hardbody or Frontier. The frame maybe wider, I’d have to measure my ‘85 and ‘04 Nissan’s.

• Like 1

I just measure tow packages at the wrecking yards until I find something with the right width, then I look at it to determine if it is heavy duty enough for me/my use, I have a Volvo wagon tow hitch on my 1969 Datsun 521 kingcab with a SD25 turbocharged diesel engine, I towed my work trailer with it a couple times and determined the engine was not good for towing, the EGTs got too high for my comfort.

In the end it depends on what you are going to tow, I was hauling a trailer filled with equipment(1.5 tons), you might only tow a small trailer with a ATV, you do not need super heavy duty tow package on something like that.

• 3 weeks later...

49 minutes ago, sami_i_am said:

Good Morning 

Any suggestions where I can get a kit for lifters for the ol 84 dually 2.4 gas? 

Lifters? You mean rockers? They are available at Rockauto. Why do you think you need rockers? Unless they are pitted or scored, they almost never wear out.

image.thumb.png.cfe1efad6dfd01ab4d4d6e31300a701f.png

• 1 month later...
On 7/20/2024 at 5:11 PM, wayno said:

Actually one uses 4 stock rims on the rear with them early adapters, here is a photo of the adapter I am talking about.1979 DATSUN Sunrader "will the 6bolt foollies kill me?" - 620 - Ratsun Forums100_0114.JPG.ae0667398ff7e4f56489b2d2996d670b.jfif

@sami_i_am   sorry for thread jack but this is only thread i could find 

@wayno
I am currently trying to get a pair of these off and i am having a hell of a time. Since bolts are very tight and been on there so long the rust has a death grip on them and wondering where to heat if it comes to that. 

each adapter has at least 2 bolts that wont budge. 

Anyway. 

My question is this. 

What is holding that onto the inside wheel ?? Meaning , the bolts that are on outside are very short..

Do you have pics of inside stud/lugs without that unit installed?? 

Edited by bananahamuck