Introducing "Sushi Baby"

datto510

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

if you want to drive it sooner than later, swap out those 2 bad valves... then drive it till she blows! By then you'll have everything you need, right?

I have never dont the swap in a 521, 510s are easier... :D So just give that tranny to me and you can have a fully rebuilt 4speed!! J/K!

Actually I don't want to pull the 510 apart until I have everything ready for an engine swap... including a spare crossmember.

Naw man! Almost everything from the L16 is off and cleaned, ready to be swapped onto the L20! I think I'm gonna assemble it and slap the 4-speed on it and drive it until I get the driveline sorted out.

Jesus H, how did you manage to crack the valves that badly? WOW.

BTW, how does that dcoe work with the manifold? Is it a 40, 44?

It takes years of practice to murder valves like that.:D

The Weber is a 45, havent really had a chance to test it yet, I'll keep you posted.

I also picked up a short tailed dogleg 5 speed for the truck. I pulled the flange off of the stock 4 speed by removing this big nut.

SANY0461.jpg

It slides right onto the yolk of the 5 speed! I tapped in a 40mm freeze plug to keep it from dripping tranny fluid.

SANY0460.jpg

SANY0459.jpg

Now all I have to do is remove 2 inches from the tranny mount and she will bolt right up!

Oh, and a new 200mm flywheel!:D

SANY0462.jpg

Coming along nicely. Don't forget to put that one bolt that was missing from the water pump in! Also, to figure out exactly how much to shorten the trans mount, measure the 4 speed from the end of the bell to the bolt hole for the trans mount! :D

Did you get that broken off bolt out yet? You TOTALLY doubted me on the whole yolk thing, now what?!

One last thing... GET THAT LONGER PIECE OF FUEL LINE! :lol: J/K... but seriously, get it!

Coming along nicely. Don't forget to put that one bolt that was missing from the water pump in! Also, to figure out exactly how much to shorten the trans mount, measure the 4 speed from the end of the bell to the bolt hole for the trans mount! :D

Did you get that broken off bolt out yet? You TOTALLY doubted me on the whole yolk thing, now what?!

One last thing... GET THAT LONGER PIECE OF FUEL LINE! :lol: J/K... but seriously, get it!

Naw man!, never doubted you for a second! I just had to do some more reading to figure it all out.:D All of the bolts are out and holes have been tapped, thanks to help from my father-in-law. Ill get the fuel line next time I go to the parts house.

Edited by datto510
I thought maybe there was a trick with the yoke or something.

nope, easier than I was expecting!

I have a clutch coming tomorrow!

I should have gotten mine last Friday! The tracking numbers show its stuck in Portland.....damn this winter weather!:mad:

Here are some pics of the L20b that is going in the truck. Ain't she purdy?

SANY0456.jpg

SANY0457.jpg

SANY0453.jpg

SANY0454.jpg

DUDE! Looking very nice. You need to paint your exhaust manifold. I use Manifold gray paint I got from NAPA. You dont need much as this stuff goes along way. I have also used Stove Hi Temp Paint. They have dif. colors

DUDE! Looking very nice. You need to paint your exhaust manifold. I use Manifold gray paint I got from NAPA. You dont need much as this stuff goes along way. I have also used Stove Hi Temp Paint. They have dif. colors

I will, this is just a mock up!

• 2 weeks later...