Radiator hoses

Hey all,

Got the weber ready to go. One of my lines from the manifold burned up so have to replace it. I took a picture but recently my phone broke so I lost all of them. I have this thing that I can't seem to figure how it goes back in. Anyone else with a L20b can share a photo on how this damn thing goes back on. 

Its def a radiator hose as it connects the inlet/outlet and the intake manifold. I found out how it was burned up cause I ran my truck to do the iidle and radiator fluid started pouring out from under the carb where the manifold is 

IMG_20230817_110322118_HDR.jpg

Edited by Veraciousreasoning
  • Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The short hose goes to the coolant by-pass fitting on the thermostat housing.

The long tube to the left, goes to the coolant outlet fitting on the intake below the front of the carburetor on the valve cover side.

Coolant comes out of both, joins, and flows across the front of the head and then down to the fitting on the lower radiator hose inlet to the water pump.

58 minutes ago, datzenmike said:

The short hose goes to the coolant by-pass fitting on the thermostat housing.

The long tube to the left, goes to the coolant outlet fitting on the intake below the front of the carburetor on the valve cover side.

Coolant comes out of both, joins, and flows across the front of the head and then down to the fitting on the lower radiator hose inlet to the water pump.

Got a picture of it in the engine? 

mmK5Llr.jpg

Large opening is where the lower radiator hose connects.

The medium hole is for the return hose from the heater.

The small vertical one is where the coolant by-pass connects. The hose for it has two different size ends and it connects to the metal line you have.

I can get some pics here in a little while. I have the same basic set up that is not put together and have enough room to hopefully show how this goes together.

On the passenger side of the motor, you will need this hose. Should still be available from Nissan. This is the one DM was talking about that has 2 different diameters.

SnkxXm4.jpg

RStYXmn.jpg

I am not entirely sure but I believe this is where it is supposed to mount.

qpDq35s.jpg

The tube and the nipple do not line up straight. It has been quite some time since I have taken any of this apart, but I seem to recall the hose that went here had a bit of an "S" shape to it. When I got the "L" shaped hose, this one was NLA from Nissan. It also could have very well been a straight hose that aquired an "S" shpae over the years.

rk3lWpi.jpg

Keep in mind that none of this is actually installed. Pictures are for guidance only. Your results may vary,

58 minutes ago, KELMO said:

On the passenger side of the motor, you will need this hose. Should still be available from Nissan. This is the one DM was talking about that has 2 different diameters.

SnkxXm4.jpg

RStYXmn.jpg

qpDq35s.jpg

The tube and the nipple do not line up straight. It has been quite some time since I have taken any of this apart, but I seem to recall the hose that went here had a bit of an "S" shape to it. When I got the "L" shaped hose, this one was NLA from Nissan. It also could have very well been a straight hose that aquired an "S" shpae over the years.

rk3lWpi.jpg

Keep in mind that none of this is actually installed. Pictures are for guidance only. Your results may vary,

Thanks that is what I was looking for lol

18 hours ago, datzenmike said:

The one to the intake is also two different end sizes.

Not on this one it dosen't. The only hose that has 2 different sizes is the one on the passenger side of the block. The larger diameter on the jacket and the smaller diameter on the tube.

Hmmm my old 620 had been fitted with a piece of garden hose or something. I had trouble replacing it, assumed this was the cause. One was tight to fit the other loose, or seemed this way. The return line is larger than the main fuel line and the bock vent hose to the PCV valve it two sizes.

6 hours ago, banzai510(hainz) said:

and there is a stat housing with a port.

One with,

zpVSVJG.jpg

One without.

9HMsgrA.jpg

Geez, all OP wanted was to see where the stinkin tube went.

• Like 1
On 8/18/2023 at 7:34 AM, KELMO said:

SnkxXm4.jpg

RStYXmn.jpg

qpDq35s.jpg

rk3lWpi.jpg

Do you know the Size of that hose near the carb? 

Datsun 510 Manifold (carpartsmanual.com)

I did this for an L16 but fairly close. It shows 2 different sizes D=12.5 and D=9.5. I can measure the one I have pictured later today, and I am fairly certain there is another one out there in the shop. Both came off of trucks (IIRC). Most likely 720's cuz you never see 620's in the bone yard anymore.

26 minutes ago, KELMO said:

Datsun 510 Manifold (carpartsmanual.com)

I did this for an L16 but fairly close. It shows 2 different sizes D=12.5 and D=9.5. I can measure the one I have pictured later today, and I am fairly certain there is another one out there in the shop. Both came off of trucks (IIRC). Most likely 720's cuz you never see 620's in the bone yard anymore.

I loved my area I moved to but there isn't any junk yards for like 300 miles lol 

On 8/30/2023 at 7:18 AM, Veraciousreasoning said:

Do you know the Size of that hose near the carb? 

The tube running up to it is 10mm O.D. I do not have the hose ATM.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/31/2023 at 11:56 AM, KELMO said:

The tube running up to it is 10mm O.D. I do not have the hose ATM.

Its proving quite difficult to figure this one little section of hose out. A 3/8th fits but the problem is I can't find any radiator hoses that will work. I'm concerned about with using a fuel hose as its really close to the intake and would hate for it to burn through while driving. Anyone got any ideas or a part number so I can look for the exact replacement.