Radiator hoses

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On 9/10/2023 at 9:41 AM, datzenmike said:

Just bend the by pass pipe to align it to the manifold outlet. Fuel hose will work just fine. It's much better quality and won't melt because it's filled with 'coolant' that will draw away any heat.

OK I'll try it out. The other one melted but I guess the hose was old and it light have hit the intake manifold 

Splitting firewood is hard work, especially if you are not used to it. Believe me, i know for sure, and I have a hydraulic splitter. Just think how much harder it is to split wood by hand. The type of wood can make a difference also. If you split Madrone by hand (large pieces)  you will find out very quickly as it needs to be chunked off around the outside first before you can actually split it. Madrone is hard to find as it is mostly found in Southern and Central Western Oregon, but if you can find it it is better than oak. 

Don

Edited by 620slodat

Min. 3 cords cut, split and stacked for 15 years. Probably closer to 4 as I would trade with it. One year got a running 620 for a cord. But eventually threw out the wood stove and pipes and heating with electricity now. That was over 10 years ago. 

BTW real cords 4x4x8 128 cu ft. NOT short cords or face cords.

I split 4 cords every year by hand. Usually if I'm pissed off at something I just go and take it out by spitting more wood or going to chop a tree down for me to split. 

So I'm gonna cut it today and hopefully that resolves the issue and make its easier to do it. I gotta get another hose cause it seems this one ain't gonna come off in one piece 

Edited by Veraciousreasoning

I heat with wood. The house is old enough, and close enough to the ground, that there isn't enough room to run heat ducts to most of the house. Heat ducts can be run in the ceiling, but some of the house has a second  floor on it. It also is built in stages and some of the house has no insulation. The cost of electricity, oil, or propane, and the fact that I had free wood available is why I chose to go with wood heat.

I'm old enough now that I'm going with pellets. The electricity with a pellet stove can be a problem, but I may have a solution for that problem.

Don

7 hours ago, 620slodat said:

I heat with wood. The house is old enough, and close enough to the ground, that there isn't enough room to run heat ducts to most of the house. Heat ducts can be run in the ceiling, but some of the house has a second  floor on it. It also is built in stages and some of the house has no insulation. The cost of electricity, oil, or propane, and the fact that I had free wood available is why I chose to go with wood heat.

I'm old enough now that I'm going with pellets. The electricity with a pellet stove can be a problem, but I may have a solution for that problem.

Don

I heat my house with stove too so I get it