1968 Datsun 520 with L16

gunnyz39

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There's no money in old Datsuns. You'd be lucky to get 2/3 of what you put into them back when sold. Call this an enjoyment tax. Best bet, but less likely, is to find another enthusiast willing to get some enjoyment out of it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

There's no money in small cars, period.

If the body is nice and the paint is good, the engine bay isn't grimy and it runs well, stops well, shifts nice, etc. I would expect to sell for around $5k. Obviously this is totally subjective. If your truck is really nice, then more.

• Like 2
56 minutes ago, datzenmike said:

There's no money in old Datsuns. You'd be lucky to get 2/3 of what you put into them back when sold. Call this an enjoyment tax. Best bet, but less likely, is to find another enthusiast willing to get some enjoyment out of it.

I agree with this. I am not looking to make money per day. I’d like it to go to someone who 1. Enjoys the truck and 2. Gets it for a good deal and doesn’t feel bad about the purchase. 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, datzenmike said:

There's no money in old Datsuns

I don't know about that, I've got a boatload of money in old Datsuns.

In reality you're right, I just had to say it.

2 hours ago, datzenmike said:

Best bet, but less likely, is to find another enthusiast willing to get some enjoyment out of it.

Well, I happen to know of an enthusiast just about 30 miles east of him.😜

• Like 3
3 hours ago, gunnyz39 said:

I agree with this. I am not looking to make money per day. I’d like it to go to someone who 1. Enjoys the truck and 2. Gets it for a good deal and doesn’t feel bad about the purchase. 

Still, not so low some dick sees it as an opportunity, buys it and flips it.

• Like 1
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 3/13/2023 at 7:07 AM, datzenmike said:

If this is true Mike I guess my 520 will be buried with me.  Just kidding my last 55 Chevy 2 door hard top was a wedding present to my good friend.

I will be cremated after my body is donated to University Arizona's Body Donation Program.  The donated bodies are used for medical students training.  The body is picked up by the program where the person dies and they want the bodies untouched as the University does the Autopsy and files the paper work for the death certificate.  My father's and step mother's bodies we donated.  No paying for funeral home fees.  Ashes can be returned to the family but this may be up to 2 years out from death depending on what classes the bodies are teaching.  Great program in my opinion.

7 hours ago, Charlie69 said:

If this is true Mike I guess my 520 will be buried with me.  Just kidding my last 55 Chevy 2 door hard top was a wedding present to my good friend.

I will be cremated after my body is donated to University Arizona's Body Donation Program.  The donated bodies are used for medical students training.  The body is picked up by the program where the person dies and they want the bodies untouched as the University does the Autopsy and files the paper work for the death certificate.  My father's and step mother's bodies we donated.  No paying for funeral home fees.  Ashes can be returned to the family but this may be up to 2 years out from death depending on what classes the bodies are teaching.  Great program in my opinion.

FWIW, my mother had signed up on a program like that and when she passed and we called them, they basically told us to pound sand and would not pick up her body because of location. The location was Farmington NM. I would check and make sure they don't have any limitations on location. But since you live in a larger surbubia area, you should be good.

Thread Jacked.

Mission Accomplished.

First I appologize For the thread jack.

My father died June18th 2022 and my stepmother died September 1 2022.  Hospice made the calls to the body donation people it is about 2 hour drive from Phoenix AZ to Tucson AZ and both were picked up within 3 hours of the phone call.

When I'm gone that's it. I care what happens now but later it's irrelevant. I have no further use of my body but I damned well object to funeral parlor prices, those fucks, and I don't want family members being taken advantage of during this stressful time either. Told my wife to cremate* me cheaply as possible, I'm a Datsun owner after all, and dispose of the remains any way she sees fit with the exception of actually keeping them. That's fucked up. Move on for christ's sake. Maybe chuck in the ocean so I can see the world.  

*All the bodily water will be evaporated and it will combine with all other water on the planet. In a decade I will be everywhere. There are more molecules of H2O in me than there are glassfuls of water in all the oceans, lakes and rivers in the world. About 1,000 molecules per gallon. So everyone will be partaking of the holly Datsun Eucharist every time they raise a beer or drink water. 

39 minutes ago, datzenmike said:

When I'm gone that's it. I care what happens now but later it's irrelevant. I have no further use of my body but I damned well object to funeral parlor prices, those fucks, and I don't want family members being taken advantage of during this stressful time either. Told my wife to cremate* me cheaply as possible, I'm a Datsun owner after all, and dispose of the remains any way she sees fit with the exception of actually keeping them. That's fucked up. Move on for christ's sake. Maybe chuck in the ocean so I can see the world.  

*All the bodily water will be evaporated and it will combine with all other water on the planet. In a decade I will be everywhere. There are more molecules of H2O in me than there are glassfuls of water in all the oceans, lakes and rivers in the world. About 1,000 molecules per gallon. So everyone will be partaking of the holly Datsun Eucharist every time they raise a beer or drink water. 

I got some of those new Brita filters specially designed to filter out dead canadian water molecules.