Start over 210

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have run as big as 26"x8.5" tire on these body style in Drag aplication and they just fit perfect, and look good, check it out in a friend car, and yes i know is just your opinion and i am not mad or nothing all the contrary i thank you a lot for giving me yours that is what the forum is all about to share and discus different opinions, i like this place so far!

1238265_10201060818900308_738942743_n_zp

That Is one bad MF'er of a 210 !!! please pm me a link to this build thread or any info please!

Yeap i took over this project and here is what is on tap so far on it!

ITB's are not what i will use as i am going to do dual side draft solex carbs, but it will look very close to it, and a custom made header i will be fabricating for it after i do the engine swap in it this should be up and running by summertime, hopefully.

b528d570-18f8-42e1-97fe-04299a135a33_zps

null_zps6418d96e.jpg

null_zps5a873771.jpg

Those itb's look familiar! LOL, Glad you joined on here, also have a set of 3 piece 16 in jdm wheels with 4x114.3 bolt pattern that would look awesome on this car, pm me and let me know if your interested.  Also sent you a pm on 3tc.

FWD SR20s are little problem in a Datsun 210. Changes to swap an SR in have to be made even for RWD SRs. For the distributor you can either cut a box in the firewell for it or replace with crank-trigger ignition. For the transmission an adapter plate can be fabricated. For the oil pan well all the same issues apply. It may be cheaper, easier and faster to buy a good used japan import Silvia motor with 5-speed, but a FWD engine can be used just more work. 

But that is a front wheel drive SR20, how is that going to work ?????

FWD SR20s are little problem in a Datsun 210. Changes to swap an SR in have to be made even for RWD SRs. For the distributor you can either cut a box in the firewell for it or replace with crank-trigger ignition. For the transmission an adapter plate can be fabricated. For the oil pan well all the same issues apply. It may be cheaper, easier and faster to buy a good used japan import Silvia motor with 5-speed, but a FWD engine can be used just more work. 

As i said before, the only diffeence in a RWD sr20de and FWD sr20de is the dizzy placed in the back of the engine and oil filter location, oil pan is the same with the difference that in some FWD chassis it got a built in reinforcement next to the back that interfeer with the RWD crossmember, Luckyly my engine didnt came with that; so i dont have to do nothing with the oil pan,

Transmissionwise, the FWD and RWD engines got the same bellhousing pattern so any RWD SR20 trany will boly on just perfect, plus, i buy my engine and was a JDM AUTOMATIC FWD one, so i need to buy a flywheel anyways, so, a lightened NISMO RWD flywheel is already located and purchased, so that wouldnt be a problem either,

The B310 chassis got the trany tunel very small, so, while i am modifying it in a way i could change my clutch easyer than in a S13 chassis, i will go at it for the dizzy mod in the firewall too, not a biggie for me, alternator, aluminum radiator, and a set of 40mm side draft solex carbs with a simple fuel delivery system, and that should be it with the engine swap,

Then back to the rearend and suspension, but that will be later in another stage of this project,

Stay tuned guys.

Mine is a KP61 81 Starlet...  I should have it by this weekend I hope...

This guy can fab anything so I am not worried about customization etc.

Josh

Thanks for what it concerns to me lol, i do what i can with what i got bro, backyard commando here lol.

Your starlet will be bad ass bro nothing less than that, just like my old one look so you can FAP FAP FAP on it.

Starlet001.jpg

starletforsale2.jpg

here is a 235 65 13 tha ACTUALLY IS 23.5 x 8.5, i distribute and on a 8 inch rim, THIS TIRE IS A 1.5 INCH TALLER, than a 225 50 15 i has here laying around mounted on a 15x7 rim,

Not surprising since a 235/65-13 is listed as a 25" tall tire.   ^_^ 

Just going by what a reputable tire size calculator says. Again, it doesn't matters if you're happy with how it looks.  :thumbup: 

Not surprising since a 235/65-13 is listed as a 25" tall tire.   ^_^ 

Just going by what a reputable tire size calculator says. Again, it doesn't matters if you're happy with how it looks.  :thumbup: 

I know, those calculators are always messed up, i never believe any of these no matter how reputable they are, the starle in the picture above got 245 50 b13 tire and is 24.5 inch tall, go figure, they always mess up somehow, anyway till i get my car here at home i cant test fit nothing i got laying around, as i always said,,, is not done till is done, i will be happy with my choice no matter which one will be, and thats for sure,