Insurance company woes.... Smooshed Dime oics inside

A buddy of mine in Placerville got broadsided in his 240Z and the guy skipped town. Even lawyers couldn't get any money out of the insurance company. And there were mistakes made by the lawyer, which didn't help matters.

I hate that we need to put up such a fight in these cases. If we don't, we get screwed.

Having specialty insurance on my collector cars/trucks helps me sleep at night.

• Like 1
  • Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

A few years ago I wrecked my 510. It was my fault unfortunately. You can reference my build thread HELLA 510. My insurance company was state farm. They provided an appraiser. I brought all of my receipts documenting every modification including paint and body. The appraiser even had a tape recorder documenting everything. They paid me out 26 grand and I kept the car. Very sorry for your loss. Worst feeling. 

• Like 3

FWIW...many years ago my 1st wife was driving our cherry 1993 Nissan Sentra coupe when she was t-boned by an elderly woman in a 1996 Lincoln Town Car. The elderly had (I shit you not) General Electric car insurance. When the wreck happened GE insurance had a single office and it was in Florida. Everyone we spoke to in that office sounded like someone out of Goodfellas or the Sopranos. Those people would berate and belittle us every single time we tried to settle the case without lawyers. Once we got a lawyer the amount of settlement being offered by them tripled immediately. Because of those assholes I contact a lawyer the second I have the insurance info of the other party. Even after the lawyer takes a bite you'll still come out with more cash. In Oklahoma it's very easy to buy back your damaged vehicle and they don't even slam you with a salvage title.

• Like 3
53 minutes ago, a.d._510_n_ok said:

FWIW...many years ago my 1st wife was driving our cherry 1993 Nissan Sentra coupe when she was t-boned by an elderly woman in a 1996 Lincoln Town Car. The elderly had (I shit you not) General Electric car insurance. When the wreck happened GE insurance had a single office and it was in Florida. Everyone we spoke to in that office sounded like someone out of Goodfellas or the Sopranos. Those people would berate and belittle us every single time we tried to settle the case without lawyers. Once we got a lawyer the amount of settlement being offered by them tripled immediately. Because of those assholes I contact a lawyer the second I have the insurance info of the other party. Even after the lawyer takes a bite you'll still come out with more cash. In Oklahoma it's very easy to buy back your damaged vehicle and they don't even slam you with a salvage title.

That's hilarious. Or maybe not.

Sounds like any goombah movie. I just watched The Irishman today....

• Like 2