Radiator replace

Veraciousreasoning

Hey all

So i found a radiator online to replace my old one ( picture below). 

Ive power washed it and let clr sit in it for 24 hrs and yeah its shot. Took it to a place that does recore and its about $375 to recore it. Which to be honest is insane. So i went online and found a radiator on ebay that is $190. It says it will fit the l20B but my radiator is 22 inches and this one is 18 inches. Has anyone with a l20B bought a new radiator? 

Here is the radiator 

https://vi.raptor.ebaydesc.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItemDescV4&item=264458755599&category=33602&pm=1&ds=0&t=1567997316000&ver=0&cspheader=1

If you bout one foe the L20B can you send me a link? 

20221022_163452.jpg

• Like 1
  • Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well at this stage with lack of parts you are probably going to have to run something like that. The problem is if the hose necks are only an inch off it causes coolant lines to contact fan ect. You will have to make some kind of adapter for mounting bolts. Anyways not rocket science but we are going to have to substitute parts to keep these old trucks on the road.

Here the thing about aluminum radiators - most shops can't / won't fix them the best you'll get is someone willing to pinch off a passage to stop a leak and the last shop I took one too wouldn't even do that. That stock radiator if it fits, after its re-cored is repairable, you can even do so yourself its like soldering copper plumbing.

• Like 2
13 minutes ago, Ooph! said:

Here the thing about aluminum radiators - most shops can't / won't fix them the best you'll get is someone willing to pinch off a passage to stop a leak and the last shop I took one too wouldn't even do that. That stock radiator if it fits, after its re-cored is repairable, you can even do so yourself its like soldering copper plumbing.

I went with a different seller and it comes with decent warranty. I plan on getting the old one recored just cant swing the money right now and the local company has mixed reviews 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Stoffregen Motorsports said:

A recore is straightforward and difficult to screw up. Basically all they re-use is the upper and lower tanks. The cost is in the core itself. They are expensive.

Yeah sadly the local spot ive seen a ton of reviews that the weld job and overall quality of work is not worth the money. 

• Like 1

I grabbed a Mishimoto 240sx radiator for my KA swap; the outlets are a bit off for an SR20 version but if you drill two holes in your front frame cross-member with rubber bushings it can work.
https://www.enjukuracing.com/products/isr-performance-aluminum-radiator-nissan-s14-240sx-95-98-sr20det-swap.html
14"x25"

Edited by Crytek89
  • Like 2