Engine swap

Rusty Dawg

2 hours ago, difrangia said:

Dawg,

Take a look in this interesting historical site on Datsun models. A good amount of data on vintage Datsuns. Kind looks to me like maybe sometime in 1961 model year the carbs were changed from single to two throats. Also gives engine model #'s and data through the years. Some of the late 50's & early 60's engines had Hitachi/Solex carbys. Probably copies of what the German technology was at the time just like the carbs copied from the Britt SU twin carbs. The early Datsun OHV four-cylinder engines were copies of Austin/Morris engines.

https://web.archive.org/web/20180627105627/http://earlydatsun.com/index.html

`

That's pretty damn cool.  Thanks disfrangia.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Rusty Dawg said:

That's pretty damn cool.  Thanks disfrangia.

Some of those old four-passenger pickups and wagons/vans are erotic !! To me anyway. 

That 1965 Silvia is the one that rings-the-bell for me; only about 500 were handbuilt. All but a couple were RHD and only a couple in US at most.

Edited by difrangia
  • Like 2
  • 2 years later...
20 hours ago, geenweb said:

@wayno I sent you a message. I'm looking at a 1965 Datsun 320, and I'd like to know more about your A15 5spd swap experience. Thanks!

Matt at 'Motorsports' , a member here, could probably give you some good pointers from experience also. Not an attempt to throw shadow on Wayno here, he and several others have helped me out more than once. It's good to have as much info as possible when contemplating major surgery; on yourself or your prized toys !! This is a great forum with a number of members with solid hands-on experience.

• Like 2
3 hours ago, Stoffregen Motorsports said:

I miss my little 320. Almost bought another one last year, but it never came to pass...

You had that one ironed out pretty well with the frame splice. I'd assume that it drove, stopped and handled much better.

• Like 2