Supersonic 510 Front Grill

Payco

I am shortly going to purchase a Supersonic front grill for my SSS Coupe. It would appear the only source is datsun-garage. Can someone please share with me their opinion on how good these are based on experience of having one or at least seeing one up close and if there is an alternative supplier. I know they aren't cheap but i want the look for my car ahead of the respray next Winter.

Thanks guys.

Martin

`

SSS GRILL 2.jpg

Edited by Payco
remove photo
  • Like 1
  • Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I saw this Super Sonic grill for sale on eBay coming out of Australia for about $760. I'm not sure if this is the same grille that was made by Love20Bee, or the same one that Datsun-Garage is selling. The price is considerably less, and it shows they have sold over 50 of them.  

• Like 1

Thanks for the responses guys. The prices seem quiet different between the Aus option and Datsun Garage although the item looks the same. Would like to hear from anyone who has purchased one from either of the above. Happy New Year to you all. 

I emailed the Australian seller about who makes the grilles, and if they were the same as the Datsun-Garage pieces, but I got an auto reply that said they were out of the shop until 1/17. I'll update if they respond. 

Hi Martin,

Sorry I can't help much, but looks like we have similar tastes as I'm doing much the same to mine, along with the JDM mirrors and the BRE airdam.

I actually managed to source a grill here in the UK, and have had it refurbished by Logan Neet (SSS Restorers). It will look amazing if I can ever get the rest of the car completed.

I did try L20B myself but they were out of stock.

Probably slim, but have you tried Andrew Eve..?

Cheers,

JK

Edited by JK510
  • Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
On 12/31/2021 at 10:51 AM, carterb said:

@icehouse installed a Love20Bee grill in his 510 and it looked great but the hardware (fasteners or rivets) started to rust within a month or two so I suggest replacing with stainless upon receipt unless you are building a garage queen.

I got this one back when it was offered, glad to hear about the rivets and such rusting so I’ll be doing as you suggest. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/31/2022 at 10:24 AM, Payco said:

Where from and how please ?. I don’t think you could still buy originals ?.

Martin 

Sorry to rub it in Martin, but mine just came back from SSS Restorers - looks mint 🙂

Have you found one yet...?

JK

SS Grill.jpg

• Like 1
On 12/31/2021 at 8:51 AM, carterb said:

@icehouse installed a Love20Bee grill in his 510 and it looked great but the hardware (fasteners or rivets) started to rust within a month or two so I suggest replacing with stainless upon receipt unless you are building a garage queen.

Speaking of love20bee, have you seen the wheels that guy makes? Very cool stuff.

• Like 1

By the description and the upside down emblem (with patina mind you) I would say it is not a remake

・ Rare and difficult to obtain 1972 Nissan genuine 510 Bluebird front grill with Assy emblem

・ Emblem part number: 62800-N1600

・ The condition is good

・ Slightly small scratches, bends, dirt, rust, etc. Please treat old car parts as junk. Please refrain from bidding for nervous people.

・ It is a repaired current exhibition. Those who understand the old car, please check the image before bidding.

・ No claim and no return.

Yahoo Japan is their equivalent of ebay so there is always risk but I have ordered many treasures using Buyee and have been very happy with the results.

--carter

• Like 1

As Carterb says it does look like an original, and I also use Buyee and have bought quite a few things from yahoo and not had any problems at all....

With 6 days to go and 16 bids already though, I don't think it will be cheap....!

JK

Edited by JK510