Nissan Hardware Part Numbers

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Mike,

Was thinking/hoping maybe someone had previously made a list of the most commonly used bolts and screws. 

My particular application is a 72 510 Wagon but so much of Datsun’s Hardware is common to many models. 

420n620,

Thanks that’s very helpful! 

With some leg work should be able to find part numbers for hardware and then some. 

That would be a monumental task even if just for the 510. The Nissan part number helps if you go to the dealer but I don't think they will have 50 year old screws and fasteners. Is there a place that can cross reference the Nissan number for a fastener? 

Mike,

Once again you’re correct. Silly me I was hoping the old part numbers would supersede up to a current Nissan part number. Most don’t. Been down a rabbit hole checking the 510 numbers without much luck. 

grannyknot,

Thank you very much. That’s most helpful for sourcing through regular hardware suppliers. Having the correct sizes to get is great. 

• Like 1
23 hours ago, RLJ said:

grannyknot,

Thank you very much. That’s most helpful for sourcing through regular hardware suppliers. Having the correct sizes to get is great. 

Your most welcome, I scooped it off The 510 Realm a couple of years back, it's been a big help to me.

22 hours ago, zed1 said:

Grannyknot,

Do you have a similar list for the 240Z?

Thanks,

Keith

I wish, but have a look in the free download section of ClassicZcar forum, I think there might be something similar.  If not start a thread asking that question, someone will have that info squirreled away.

• Like 1

For good aftermarket supply, if you care about the color of the bolt/screw (I prefer the gold zinc), I buy from a company called Overland Metric. They specialize in Toyota Land Cruiser hardware, but who would notice the difference? Ok, I would...

The nice thing about these is that they are JIS, which means they use the proper 10mm, 12mm and 14mm heads, instead of the 11mm, 13mm and 15mm like most aftermarket metric hardware.

Here's the link - https://www.overlandmetric.com/

Oh yeah, they also sell JIS in stainless.

Edited by Stoffregen Motorsports
  • Like 2

Stroffregen, thanks that’s a great source.

One of the things that bugged me about general hardware supply for metric is the larger head size compared to the original Datsun hardware head size. Haven’t looked at the pricing yet but definitely a good source for correct size hardware. 

zed1, good information

learned about JIS screwdrivers a long, long )time ago from working on Japanese motorcycle. They are a must have to loosen Japanese Phillips head screws. 

• Like 2
4 hours ago, RLJ said:

Stroffregen, thanks that’s a great source.

One of the things that bugged me about general hardware supply for metric is the larger head size compared to the original Datsun hardware head size. Haven’t looked at the pricing yet but definitely a good source for correct size hardware. 

zed1, good information

learned about JIS screwdrivers a long, long )time ago from working on Japanese motorcycle. They are a must have to loosen Japanese Phillips head screws. 

Yeah, I would rather have Toyota hardware on a Datsun than Ace Hardware hardware on a Datsun. I use these guys all the time, and their hardware is very nice.

On 5/31/2021 at 6:39 PM, zed1 said:

Grannyknot,

Do you have a similar list for the 240Z?

Thanks,

Keith

Well this just popped up on ClassicZcar forum.  @inline6 has done some amazing work restoring his Z, here is his thread, https://www.classiczcars.com/forums/topic/63087-restoration-of-bringatrailer-240z-hls30-35883/#comments

and here is his list of fasteners,👍, https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Cmnw0F8N7B3VknCzNwGkfN2SGmIHdFJhDjARv3jkxNI/edit#gid=0

• Like 2