Radiator for the 84 720 with the z20 2.0 with mileage option

None_zero

Is there any reason I couldn't replace the radiator in my 84 720 with say the radiator from d21 it looks like the dimensions would work as the rad from the d21 is roughly an inch smaller on every dimension, inlet and outlet are the same 1.375 inches

• Like 1
  • Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Mounting would likely be your major hurdle.  You might have to get funky.  But if it fits in the space, and you can hook hoses to it, you should be just fine.  I have a 1988 prelude radiator in my 510 wagon.

• Like 1

I get that.  I put 96 pathfinder brakes on my 720 for the same reason.  Half the cost, immediate availability, and even added some diameter to the brakes 😄

• Like 1
14 hours ago, datzenmike said:

A buddy worked with the 'new' then GM rads with plastic tanks. The aluminum core is crimped on. He figured you could uncrimp and change the tank 1 maybe 2 times then the aluminum would snap.

That’s a new one for me. Did not know the newer radiator’s could be rebuilt. 

• Like 1
16 hours ago, Charlie69 said:

For some reason at Autozone the 84 Z20 radiator is more expensive than the 85 Z24.  Autozone does show a listing for both radiators.

When I search auto zone the only radiator it pulls up for the z20 is listed as unavailable 

• Like 1