Can I make em work?

Guest DatsuNoob

Guest DatsuNoob

I bought a set of 06 pathfinder wheels yesterday from a guy in Seattle. I guess I was just so stoked to slap a set of 17's on for cheap, I didnt check to verify they would fit first. Just figured Nissan and Datsun 6 lugs were the same. Is there any way to change an offset on the truck's hub to make them work out? I see Glengemen has a set of Titan wheels on. I wonder how the hell he made his work if they're the same offset as mine. Does anyone wanna trade for another set of wheels? I need something else and am bummed I cant use these cause I cant buy anything else for atleast a month or until I sell them. Please help :eek:

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I had my hubs machined, you can see where the nubs used to be.

06042007003.jpg

They are disc hubs,but you can do the same to the drum hubs for clearance.

Saying that though, I know the new Frontiers and Xterras have gone too 6 X 5.0 lug pattern. All the older nissan stuff is 6 X 5.5

Guest DatsuNoob

okay maybe some of you dont understand my problem. The lug pattern is a little smaller than stock Datsun. All the holes are closer together than the wheel studs on my pickup. I dont know how much of a drama it would be to have them drilled if it's even possible to have a decent ride down the road later. I dont know about this kind of thing(spacers, adapter plates, etc.)

because Ive never experienced trying to put wheels with a smaller lug pattern on a truck with a larger one. What to do what to do :confused:

That is a problem I've never heard of. Sell those wheels. I wonder if Nissan changed the pattern in 2006. I ran 2000 Frontier wheels on my 620 and they just bolted right on.

(are you sure they are Nissan wheels? I hope that guy didn't sell you Dodge truck wheels)

The bolt pattern usually matches on all Nissan/Datsuns. The offset is how far offcenter the wheel mounting surface is... baiscally more offset brings the wheel in under the fender further.

But no, you can't change the offset your truck uses. Newer Datsun truck front drum brakes (up to 1977) are all the same.

As I said in my previous post :P

Nissan has changed the lug pattern on the Frontier and Xterra to the 6 lug on 5" diameter size. Not sure why they did this (maybe just to piss me off by limiting my stock wheel selection):mad:

This is the same lug pattern as newer dodge dakota's, dodge vipers and cadillac ctsv's...:rolleyes:

I think Nissans engineers should be flogged for this indescretion, but that's just me...:D

Sell the wheels and buy new ones as I know of no one that makes adapters to convert to this newer pattern. Research first, buy third ;)

That does suck, I was checking out some of the new pathfinder wheels for future reference and found that out. Too bad because they are nice looking and lighter than the 5 billion pound Titans. I guess if you want 17's though you can get the off-road package Titan wheels.

Hey Redeye, your hubs look good by the way.

Guest DatsuNoob

HAHA, you got me there Hainz, but yes Bleach, they are Pathfinder wheels. I see them every now and then on the freeway in traffic. Just got a sweet deal on a clean set of 17 stocks and didnt know that the bolt pattern was smaller than mine. Oh well, I'm sure someone'll pick em up sometime. Just kinda sucks cause they'd look pretty good on a 620.

Icehouse went with those Titan wheels But I said keep the stock hubcaps.

The bigger wheels are alot of proplems in my book but do look good.

But the stock wheels with a little white wall looks good also and tires are cheap.

Datsun Noob I do have a set of chrome early Pathfinders.

I was going to give them to Paolo in Marysville but since he has no more room with those 25 Datsun 510 and motors in the yard Ill sell them to you for 80$(needs tires) So even this will still come out expensive. But really I think the wheels might be too good for that truck.

Jeff didnt want/need them he like the stock hubcaps.( I run my stock ones in winter time)

Wheel adaptors add another 30mm (or more) of track width to your suspension. You don't have the offset or fender clearance to run adaptors.

If you were planning on running a stock height or lifted truck and wanted your wheels to stick way out then that would be ok. I know that's not what you're after.