R1 Carbs (lots of pics)

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

PCV is something I'm hoping to solve soon.

Going to run a full catch can setup and functional PCV ... have to have a vacuum block pull off all four runners to do it properly. 

i was thinkin was running a line between each runner and connect them together to a central line for the pcv valve

also what number jeys do I get.  I know since im running a 1.6 i need 1.6mm but what number is that the only jets ive seen have a specific number not a measurement.

1.6 is a 160 jet. I bought a 1/16 inch drill bit for my jets which is very close to 1.6mm. I actually had to go bigger on my mains. I need 1.8mm mains but I guess I will have to buy them as I can't find a 1.8mm drill bit and 2.0s are rich under WOT. You may also need to increase your pilot jet size. Im in the 15's cruising with stock pilots.

Stupidfast, why are you recirculating the pcv valve? From what I understand its an emissions deal for it to be recirculated.

thanks ill look into the 160 jet and the 15 pilot bit.

these are the carbs i got off ebay  for 140

0818141836.jpg

the wierd thing on these is I have 2 overflow bowls

I did buy some for 40 guy said there 1100 find out there 600.  put them back together and sold them on ebay for 80.

Stupidfast, why are you recirculating the pcv valve? From what I understand its an emissions deal for it to be recirculated.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crankcase_ventilation_system

http://www.aa1car.com/library/pcv.htm

Read.

It makes a significant emissions reduction and keeps blowby crap out of your oil.

Also if you have a vacuum block, you should be able to run vac advance successfully. 

I knew about emissions, didn't know about oil contamination. Learn something new every day. I guess I'll be making a functional pcv catch can setup. Now as far as the vac advance goes you can't pull from the intake runners. I thought about tapping each of the slide caps but im not sure how that would affect carb operation.

I knew about emissions, didn't know about oil contamination. Learn something new every day. I guess I'll be making a functional pcv catch can setup. Now as far as the vac advance goes you can't pull from the intake runners. I thought about tapping each of the slide caps but im not sure how that would affect carb operation.

Run off same vacuum source as PCV.  Tap all four runners to a vacuum block.  Can run brake booster off that too. 

Right now I run open PCV and capped vac advance.  But Its only used as a track car right now.

So I just want to try to clear things up on these set ups. 98-01 carbs only. I say this because I could get 2 set of 02 carbs/manifolds for 70.00.

I thought this was already clear?

02+ are NOT carburetors, they are throttle bodies for fuel injection. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I printed these intakes over the weekend. I'm gonna try a cast them and if that goes well then I'll make a air cleaner assy. What do you guy think? Too tall? Trying to keep the float bowls level even tho I've read it doesn't matter

BC369DBD-E913-4D70-949B-B5326A4B8B90_zps

nice little tall. you want the float bowls even.  and if they turn out good let me know if your willing to make me a set and let me know a price.