72 510 wagon for sale

I have another car that I'm looking to buy for 800 so I need to get at least that out of this. I'll start at 1100. With work this could be a great wagon, I just don't have the money to do it myself. I will go down on the price.

it has 150000 miles. L16 stock, new valve stem seals, doesnt smoke. New head and gasket, rebuilt radiator, new tires, is white and like all datsuns is a project. Has a pretty good system and interior isn't stock. Has a vega steering wheel, Honda prelude seats in front and a tach. If your isnterested let me know and if you would like, make an offer.

Edited by datzenmike
combine posts
  • Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I would be interested, how about--- inside /outside, engine compartment pic's

description like glass, rust, exhaust system, grill, lens, trim, etc

what price/ ball figure are looking to get.....

all the glass is good. Some trim needs the little snaps the grill is in good shape , it does need new exhaust I hit a bad speed bump. I can get pics up tonight. It has some rust near the rear. I have about seven hundred into the engine and tires and other misc.

OK.

What it should be is RED!!! Redder than red and clear see through like red glass. If cloudy, it has worn clutch material in it. I doubt changing the fluid now will get second gear back. Perhaps having it and the filter changed and brake bands adjusted at a shop might be worth it. Do not let them talk you into anything!!! It's a thought.

Out of curiosity, do you know which tranny you have? BW 35 or 3N71B. Which side of the tranny is the shift linkage on???

Yes. I was thinking of the late '72 switch over to 3N71B in the 521.

'72-'73 PLs were 3N71B. Thanks Doug. Can I assume the car BW35s were floor shift?

Uh, Mike, 521s Never had Automatics. All 521s had 63-series 4-speeds transmissions (irregardless of engine type). Though non-NA spec ones could have column-shift manuals. 620s OTOH had a plethora of transmissions- only one Automatic (3N71B) but 4 different manuals (Column shift 4-speed in non-US markets, floor shift F4W63 in '72-73 US, F4W71B in '74-79, and FS5W71B option in 77-79).

Car BW35s in 510s were all column shift Automatics. JATCO 71Bs were all floor shift. The change over was 70-71, as all 72-73 had JATCOs I believe all '71s did too but it's hard to tell. All '68-69 Automatics were BW35s.

Thanks Doug. I guess I should have said 620 and not 521. Late '72 would probably been a '73 model year making it a 620. Weren't there some very scarce '72.5 620s built? A friend was quite sure that late '72 was the first 3N71B.

if I get a goon, i want to put a L20 w/5 speed (out of a 77 goon) in it which i've got sitting under my work bench.

thanks for the offer. I also got to think about gas and how wood i tow it home. I no longer own a big trk because it was a gas hog - 11 mpg..

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.