Help with brakes, and finding parts.

Epice

I am looking to find a way to convert from drum brakes to disc brakes and I have no Idea where to get parts for it, so here are some questions I have. 

1: is there any disc brakes from a car I can take and bolt up to the car?

2: Is there any conversion kits from drum to disc? 

3: Where can I buy parts for the stock brakes? I need a brake master cylinder, brake shoes, and brake cylinders. 

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Mklotz or bluehands fabrication made kits for these. He may be persuaded to do another run? 

He uses Infiniti G20 rotors and calipers. 

Some stock parts will be difficult to locate, but you can use 510 brake pads and 521 wheel cylinders. The parts on the 411 are SAE and the 521 is also SAE. 

• Like 1

You can find master cylinder rebuild kits on ebay,  also the SSS model came with front disc, maybe you can find a set of those. they are rare but parts hunting is half of the fun. 

• Like 3
9 hours ago, reza said:

You can find master cylinder rebuild kits on ebay,  also the SSS model came with front disc, maybe you can find a set of those. they are rare but parts hunting is half of the fun. 

Thanks, I'll look into this. 

DATSUNParts sells a master cylinder from Japan for the original 310 roadster that has a caution note.  It will not fit 1500 cc Roadsters because the outlet is on the wrong side.  It's on the wrong side for JDM roadsters but fits export roadsters and RL411s perfectly.  The part sold is a genuine Nissan part but not listed in USA data books.  It installed perfectly in my RL411.  The only difference is that the fluid receptacle is smaller that factory RL411s.  It is adequate for all except heavy race applications.  If you need authentic factory look, just swap the receptacle from your old unit if you still have it.  One screw clamp and the swap is made.

This reply is for the RL411 front disc brakes.

If you have front drum brakes the best conversion would be to find the front cross member and front brake assembly from a scrapped RL411.

• Like 2
On 6/14/2020 at 9:28 AM, MikeRL411 said:

DATSUNParts sells a master cylinder from Japan for the original 310 roadster that has a caution note.  It will not fit 1500 cc Roadsters because the outlet is on the wrong side.  It's on the wrong side for JDM roadsters but fits export roadsters and RL411s perfectly.  The part sold is a genuine Nissan part but not listed in USA data books.  It installed perfectly in my RL411.  The only difference is that the fluid receptacle is smaller that factory RL411s.  It is adequate for all except heavy race applications.  If you need authentic factory look, just swap the receptacle from your old unit if you still have it.  One screw clamp and the swap is made.

This reply is for the RL411 front disc brakes.

If you have front drum brakes the best conversion would be to find the front cross member and front brake assembly from a scrapped RL411.

I have a complete 411 SSS front assembly over here, disc brakes, etc. klamath falls, oregon. needs gone through but complete, obo. 

Edited by reza
  • Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
On 6/12/2020 at 8:56 AM, reza said:

Yes, I had to have mine rebuilt and it was not cheap. Works great, though.

• 2 months later...

I am in a similar boat here.  Was out at a local Rallye over the weekend and lost brakes, pretty much entirely.  Turns out the union is leaking @ the brake light switch.  I replace the switch a couple of weeks ago and must have disturbed a coupling that had probably been static for 50 years.  Figured that this would be a good time to do a disc swap but that is looking unlikely.   BlueHands no longer makes the kits and I can't imagine it's going to be easy to find a SSS owner who is willing to sell the brakes.  There was one here local a few months ago that I should have bought for parts but didn't.  Kicking myself.  I contacted Reza but haven't heard from him.  Sounded like he may have the front end.  Anyway, at a minimum I would like to try and source a dual circuit master cylinder.  Anyone ever successfully swapped one?