74 wagon 610 datsun

Gb209

HI I was wondering if some one can soot me some advice I just got a 74 wagon and I'm trying to put a ka in it or srt. What rear end and front end would I need to put so I can put independiente suspntion and disk breaks...

I would love to share images of my progress.

I am not sure how to post photos, or search the forums, and I would like to keep it all datsun/nissan.. Some one advice me to go threw summit and change every thing to a ford foxbody if I can't find anything definitive I will u head that route just cus I don't want to spend to much time looking for parts I Want to drive this thing this year.. So if any one know any thing or has done anything let me know would appreciate it

Would appreciate the help thank you

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If it runs, just drive and enjoy it. Lots of these projects end up being scrapped. If you're asking these questions you probably haven't done this before so probably better to not start. Why IRS????? They have their own problems and by the time you stiffen the coils, sway bar, lower and slot the cross member to control camber issues you might as well have a solid axle anyway.

19 hours ago, datzenmike said:

19 hours ago, datzenmike said:

Here's some reading material.

Instead of cutting up your wagon you could be enjoying it.

The '74 610 has an H-190 differential which is more than strong enough for a KA swap. The gearing is 3.889.

On 4/10/2020 at 11:28 PM, Gb209 said:

Some one advice me to go threw summit and change every thing to a ford foxbody if I can't find anything definitive I will u head that route just cus I don't want to spend to much time looking for parts I Want to drive this thing this year..

Don't know if it's true, but I've heard that the Mustang parts just bolt right in, too.  Sounds reasonable that Summit would have all the parts.  (Again, if it's true)

Looking forward to seeing a totally swapped engine, and front and rear suspension done in eight months.    

Good luck and keep us posted on your progress.

On 4/13/2020 at 5:58 PM, banzai510(hainz) said:

That white one is gangsta

But I wouldn’t do do it myself,cost and alignment issues

not Too many 610 wagons around to ruin 

Justin the owner did it all himself, he used 510 sedan IRS and all the fab work.  I had been thinking of doing something like that to my 810 wagon but I don't have those kind of skill sets to accomplish it.