blue lake dash plaques?

a100addict

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

sorry bleach. an attempt at humor. i went to bluelake to see how it compares to canby. and for my 15 bucks i got a free meal. a spot in a public park and a dash plaque from 2006. i think these guys are in trouble moneywise because they can't afford dash plaques for the event. next year is the 30th yr? that is a landmark for any event or club. and it should have a dash plaque that says so. for people who don't win an award. it gives you something to mark the event.

For me it doesnt matter if I get fed,if I pay 5 or 25 dollars. But then again I dont enter my truck for awards yet. After all it takes to get there I am well beyond $100 anyways. I have been to one of each and I really prefered canby but either is cool by me. And I sport my canby plaque. I wish I had a blue lake one too from 07.

Edited by datsunfish

They are usually just little pieces of metal with the show info on them, Date, place etc. usually a desighn of sort...they hand them out at most cars shows as sort of a collector piece from the show, if you dont win an award....I have a picture of a few I have (sorry cell phone camera, poor quality)

dash.jpg

dashplaques.jpg

Sorry i dont have the Blue Lake one it was from last year soidont think I kept it...

...i think these guys are in trouble moneywise because they can't afford dash plaques for the event. next year is the 30th yr? that is a landmark for any event or club....

Blue Lake used to be the biggest Datto show in Oregon, but now it is the Canby show. I probably shouldn't say anything, but it is not exactly the same "club" that sponsors it now than the previous 30 years. There was some drama about the funds or something and it didn't work out...

I think what happened is the club that put it on (forgot the name) split into two groups DatsunsNW = Canby show, and NWDOA (Northwest Datsun Owners Association = the Blue lake show).

Like I said, I don't know what happened first hand :confused: so I probably shouldn't have said anything...Later, -Hugh