Lucas oil stabilizer?

allen dodson

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I wouldn't count on a cure, but it will help out some! Personally I love the stuff!

Might want to go read some of these testaments: Lucas Oil

I have a 350 v8 in a old beater chevy that was given to me. I add oil stabilizer to it and it quietens motor noise down, runs better, uses little to no oil now, and I beat the crap out of this truck!!!

I doubt it will cure a rod knocking or burning a quart a day, but hey it's worth a try. There is also the Stop Leak product. I'm sure it's $10.00 or so but it's cheaper than 1 hour of labor at the shop!

I say check out their products if you're looking for a temporary/cheap way out till you can rebuild it yourself or have it rebuilt!

Guest DatsuNoob

I like it. I run sea foam though my Toyota for a few days before I change my oil, then give it a little lucas. I have a bad valve guide(dont care to fix), so I blow a little smoke now and then. It helps with the burnoff, and my motor seems to like it. 192k and still going strong.

i use hyperlube in the red bottle.I would swear bye it.i was changing my oil 1 time added a bottle of lube and for got to put the cap :eek::lol: drove 200+ plus miles wondering what the smell was coming from:cursing:stopped at a gas station and found i had zero oil in my engine it was on my engine if it wasnt for the lube i think it would have seized up.also it a little cheaper than lucas.

Agree totally with Hainz. If old and limping along buy thickest you can by the gallon and carry with you. Keep it FILLED. The only thing keeping you going is the oil so don't over heat or over stress the motor. Additives are a waste of money, they won't cure a sick motor and not needed in a good one.

Puffing on restart could simply be old leaky valve seals. What are they $2 each and a couple hrs to change? Course that would buy a lot of oil. Loosen the idler arm and remove the cross brace and drop the pan and change the rod bearing(s). Pan gasket and bearings ... under $50 ??? less if you do just one. If the journal is scored get some #4000 emery cloth and loop a strip around it and see saw back and forth till it's shiny. Might shut the knock up for quite a while if it's not too bad right now. Keep filled with heavy oil good to go.