1977 Datsun 620 build

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 1/18/2020 at 7:40 PM, IknowBlueberry said:

I had Art Morrison build a new custom chassis. I don’t know if anyone has done that before or not. They were like what kind of vehicle is that? LOL 

Sweet build and welcome...

I wont blame you if you dont want to disclose the cost but just curious what they got for the custom frame...

what's your plans for suspension components?

Did they incorporate mounts into the frame or is that up to you?

On 1/18/2020 at 8:06 PM, WAGON JON said:

Wow, nice build. What's next?

On 1/18/2020 at 8:06 PM, WAGON JON said:

Wow, nice build. What's next?

We are moving the 77 over to the shop to get the body off the old chassis. We have to get our ride heights for the Art Morrison chassis and start welding the body mounts on.

8 hours ago, Crashtd420 said:

Sweet build and welcome...

I wont blame you if you dont want to disclose the cost but just curious what they got for the custom frame...

what's your plans for suspension components?

Did they incorporate mounts into the frame or is that up to you?

They do not do the body mounts. It was expensive, I sold my 1998 Wrangler with 63k original miles and my 2012 KTM Super Motto to pay for the chassis. I have coil overs all around and 13in Wilwood brakes front and rear. The total for the chassis with shocks, Wilwood brakes, steering rack, shipping, axels, rear end etc... little over $17,000. (Yikes!)  

• Like 2
On 1/20/2020 at 4:52 PM, IknowBlueberry said:

They do not do the body mounts. It was expensive, I sold my 1998 Wrangler with 63k original miles and my 2012 KTM Super Motto to pay for the chassis. I have coil overs all around and 13in Wilwood brakes front and rear. The total for the chassis with shocks, Wilwood brakes, steering rack, shipping, axels, rear end etc... little over $17,000. (Yikes!)  

That’s not a bad price my Currie rearend was 4900.00 by itself. 

31 minutes ago, mrbigtanker said:

Just curios why not a 315 back tire in a wide wheel.  And what made you go with building a art Morrison chassis. Looks good though. 

Everyone is running leaf springs in the back, even on the sickest 620’s I could find online, and soooo Art Morrison. All of the suspension is built around the tire and rim. Oh yeah and “Because Racecar” 

• 1 year later...