Well i sold the 510 and looking at a datsun truck

jay cky

0708mt_12_znopi_nationalscustom_min.jpg

Note: body with out 3-4 inches sectioned out but body dropped with rockers shaved and laid out, front wheel tubs just about at hood height. Notice that the hood has to have a relief cut into it to clear the engine.

1979-datsun-pickup-old-paint.jpg

Body sectioned about 3-4 inches and the body channeled (not just body dropped) about 4-5 inches and laid out with bigger tires, tires and engine are way through the hood.

Channel: [chan-l]

The lowering of the body in relationship to the frame rails to reduce overall height of the vehicle.

Section: [sek-shuhn]

To remove a band of metal from around the middle section of a vehicle to reduce its overall height.

Also, i dont understand how an inanimate object like a suspension can be "gay"

ha ha ha page 2 is mine!

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

the rube goldberg comment had me rollin though... Holy shit, I almost peed.

I thought I was harsh... It's a show truck, sure it's rediculous, it's interesting... Kinda the way a car wreck on the freeway is but fun to look at none the less... If OP had stated that it was gonna be show only I think this would have been little easier to swallow but sounds like he'd really consider driving this thing on a public road... Not to mention the fact it's a sad way to kill a datsun.

Channel: [chan-l]

The lowering of the body in relationship to the frame rails to reduce overall height of the vehicle.

ha ha ha page 2 is mine!

So what is the difference between channeling and a body drop? I always thought they were the same thing...

That truck's awesome in a cartoon, example of what can be done sort of way.

Couldn't haul parts and gravel with it though, which is what my truck is for.

Haters here man!

What i do with my ride is really up to me isn't it?

I could get it (the 510) to run.

Did i want to drive it like it was - NO i didn't!

I wanted to do a bunch of work to the car first and to tel you the truth why waste time/money and effort on something in the end you will not be happy with.

I have done so many projects these last 4 years some unfinished and sold some finished and driven, Lifes short so live it right..

I need to haul my stunt bike around to spots.

Jaycky_14x20.jpg

Truck is needed for what i want and the lowered shit is to my liking.. PS it will never see gravel in the box.....

If it was to go that low its a toy - not to drive daily - Just a toy!

Kinda like walking around a club with a tight pair of pants on with a 15 inch cock hanging down the side for women to look at (am i wrong)!!!

Wow whatever and i didn't have time to search at that exact moment on here..

I asked instead. Who cares? I guess alot of people have way to much time on hands these days.... I on the other hand have alot of shit going on....

The car (510) was not in my long term/ the truck could be.... The guy i am trying to buy it from is hard to meet with so may not even be getting this thing.....

And btw i spend 99.9% of my time doing what you see in the picture...

Anyways :fu:

Edited by jay cky
Haters here man!

What i do with my ride is really up to me isn't it?

I could get it (the 510) to run.

Did i want to drive it like it was - NO i didn't!

I wanted to do a bunch of work to the car first and to tel you the truth why waste time/money and effort on something in the end you will not be happy with.

I have done so many projects these last 4 years some unfinished and sold some finished and driven, Lifes short so live it right..

I need to haul my stunt bike around to spots.

Jaycky_14x20.jpg

Truck is needed for what i want and the lowered shit is to my liking.. PS it will never see gravel in the box.....

If it was to go that low its a toy - not to drive daily - Just a toy!

Kinda like walking around a club with a tight pair of pants on with a 15 inch cock hanging down the side for women to look at (am i wrong)!!!

Wow whatever and i didn't have time to search at that exact moment on here..

I asked instead. Who cares? I guess alot of people have way to much time on hands these days.... I on the other hand have alot of shit going on....

The car (510) was not in my long term/ the truck could be.... The guy i am trying to buy it from is hard to meet with so may not even be getting this thing.....

And btw i spend 99.9% of my time doing what you see in the picture...

Anyways :fu:

You're right, what you do with it is your business and life is too short to mess with a tuck that lowered. Not drivable and wouldn't really carry your bike. Something a little more reasonable would fill both requirements I think. I don't care about the search function it's aggravating most times.

We get lots of people come on here with big plans (no offense here) and care nothing for the Datto scene and in the end fuck up a nice ride and move on. Again, no offense, but it happens. If you ever get what you want post some pictures or your ride.

Edited by datzenmike

WOW - How do you do it? You only sleep 1.44 minutes per day! (the other 99.9% on your bike) Cool. I couldn't do that, I'd be too tired. Guess I'm old.

Edited by Bob3
incomplete thought

stand up and no 12 bar? damn, pretty balzy. A few people that i know tried to stunt and you're right it took 80% of their day. Nothing but practice and working on their bikes.

I don't know why but if your opinion differs from anyone else on this site you get flamed hard and a few of them flame only because everyone else is doing it.

Shit, you can build whatever you want and i will applaud you for your hard work no matter how ugly i think it is or how use less i think it is. And you can rock a bike in the back of a truck even without a bed. Just throw a strip of something in the middle that the bike can sit on and put in some tie down points to the frame.

But you pretty much have two options when it comes to your bed when you get that low. You're going to have a C notch so either you move your bed floor up so you still have a full loading space or you cut a big ass hole in the floor and try to stunt your bike over the rear axle.

bed floor moved up

720d.jpg

big hole in the floor

primer-21.jpg

its not that, you have time to wait a few hours for a response, but not the .24 seconds it takes to wait for search results?!? your an effin moron, you make ME look normal. yeah, i love that lowered truck, but i know mine wont be that low, or will ever NEED to be that low. and that whole 13 inch cock shit was retarded, no one goes to the club asking who drives what outside, lol. and so what if i show my cock at the club, what better way to get your mom to buy me drinks?!?

no its just when i ask something I'm told to search. i bitch and moan and when you dont help me i search....and you know what? I FIND WHAT I WAS LOOKING FOR! or, i post that i didn't find it and then you help me :D no time to search is no excuse. and if he HAD a truck and was asking for help ok, but i dont go to the wagon forums and say "i saw a pic of this goon' sliding sideways! he was drifting HARD CORE!!! i know he has 10000+ invested in his ride, but i want to buy a goon and do the same thing NOW! he has no truck, and wants to do a 100% custom job in a week.....until he gets a truck and some parts he is a bench racer. nothing more, nothing less. i talk about bagging my shit ALL the time, you wanna know how close i am to doing it? not very. i DO have 4 bags, a compressor.....and well that's all, lol. i am waiting on the money for my bag on bar kit and my notch kit. till then i do what i can.

You guys are getting really brutal. Some serious low blows.

I vote this thread gets locked or deleted. Trash talking like that shouldn't be a part of this forums history.

and no, this thread needs to be locked or deleted because it is pointless. there is nothing in here for anyone. it was a retarded post to begin with, and had no point from the start.

• 1 month later...

lol what a funny read.. im glad it didnt get deleted cause i got to laugh at that moron, u know what some people think we're assholes here.. an we flame anyone who doesnt share our opinion.. but the funny thing is we all have different opinions... some of us leave our shit stock, some mod it a little (like me) an some go all out an make some fancy shit.. all i see is people vocing opinions an suggestions an stuff.. maybe not in this thread.. but what do u expect when someone posts about a truck we've all seen a million times an have dissed it a million times..... i mean really.. opinions are like assholes, EVERYONE HAS ONE.. an heres mine..

that truck is a peice of shit.. LOL! :fu:

i personally think that truck is pretty cool. i like the fact that somebodyout there was daring enough to go that far. 620's are dime a dozen anyways. at least around here. and who knows, maybe it was a piece of shit to start out with. now its an awsome piece of expresive art. more power to ya if you haul a bike in it.

downsyndrome, sorry dwnshittr or shifter, its like the pot calling the kettle black here. MORON!

j2edeye, difference between a channel and a body drop,

body drop, moving the whole floor panel up

channel, moving just the section where the frame is up