Key number?

TimmyG

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The codes for the 720 run from 1 thru 8000.  You can find the code on the right hand door key cylinder, on the zinc plated cam, if that is what it is called in the auto industry.  The cam is the part that moves to actuate the lock levers when turning the key.

If you need the key cuts, I have the Curtis book with all the codes/key cuts

Edited by 720_Jeff
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
1 minute ago, 720_Jeff said:

The codes for the 720 run from 1 thru 8000.  You can find the code on the right hand door key cylinder, on the zinc plated cam, if that is what it is called in the auto industry.  The cam is the part that moves to actuate the lock levers when turning the key.

If you need the key cuts, I have the Curtis book with all the codes/key cuts

Thank you!

• Like 1
  • 4 years later...

There should be an "X" in front of the numbers and there should only be 4 digits. Possibly a replacement cylinder? Does one key work door locks and ignition?

On 1/10/2024 at 4:35 PM, Whatarush720 said:

I have a 1983 720 and the numbers i found on the pass door lock cylinder were 32050? Supposedly there is supposed to be a letter as well?

Any help would be appreciated.

The Curtis code book that I have, the key numbers don't go up past 8000, so probably some kind of replacement cylinder, not OEM.  

Maybe a further refinement of what @KELMO asks, does the key even fit in the ignition?  if it does, does it work.  If both, doors and ignition have been replaced.