Rear Ends for our LSD ventures?

What are we doing about LSD's i saw a thread about using toyota rears but it seemed to have ended. There was great information there about the lenghts and what not. What kinda conversions out there work? I really dont want to be a tire spinner with the sr im dropin hopefully soon after i get my z32 brake kit from Fineline =)

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

oh ya, I was talking to some Z guys about that site. The R200 with 12mm bolts is the 240SX type. The older Z R200 is 10mm and that kit won't fit it. :( so I'm out of luck there...

I heard there are a few different R200's long and short tail... Its been a while since I've done any research. Can't you just swap in a 12mm style diff?

Not sure if they came with LSD, but has anyone looked at a Trooper axle? It will probably come with disks on it as well if it is a model with a LSD. Don't know for certain though.

Ive got Trooper rear calipers on my 521.. Im sure someone here knows whether they had a model with LSD

hmm interesting... I wonder if they are LSD on that website..... im estimating high power on a dyno and daily it at 300-380 i know i can extract easy 600hp out of an SR been there and done that just wondering about the rear ends....

Still out to see if anyone has SRd a 620 =) seems to be only in Japan one NA DE model. i also think im going to have to Top mount to clear stearing either way id like to pickup anyones LSD if they have one. I should be hitting this project here shortly and will definetly have lots of pics. Fineline thanks for the pm ill call you tonite

I think the H190 with a clutch pack LSD will hold the power from an SR, if you leave it open you will brake spider gears all day long. Basically the week link isn't the ring and pinion, at least thats what I learned from my 510 :D

The only diff is in the ring gear bolts. The older 620/720 H-190 used a 10mm ring gear bolt and the newer D-21 used 12mm bolts. I had the Power brute in a 620 carrier with some spacers and it worked fine. If you get one get the one with the spacer. It comes with the axle spacer in it. Otherwise you have to take it apart and put the spacer from your open carrier in it. I agree, $750 to $1200 is too much. You could get a narrowed 9" for that.