Datsun 510 drag link

DARIN 510

I’m looking to replace my 510 68-73 drag link (center link, cross rod, etc. ) I’m trying to find the part number for a three five (555). I don’t want that cheap china crap. I know normally Moog repackages 555 suspension parts as well as many other brands all of which have different part numbers. I’ve searched all over the internet and I keep coming up with the same shit. So hopefully you guys can give me a direction. I’m super picky when it comes to where my parts are made and I want it made in the home land. 

Nissan part number- 48560-U5200

Centric- 626.42308 I think China 

Dorman- 523-140 I think China 

Rare Parts- 26259 is 555 for sure but for $100? 

Edited by DARIN 510
  • Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I found the Nissan Part number for my RHD 510 Center link and actually found one from this seller in Texas,  Mine was a TRW part, but it was made in Japan. 

I would try emailing these guys and ask them about the Country of Origin on this one...

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/183318699303

I tried the usual overseas sources for weeks with no luck,  I couldn't believe a seller in Texas had a new, M.I.J. piece for a RHD model that was made in Japan for $90.00

Here's a photo of the one I bought.  I would bet their's is from the same manufacturer, only the LHD model. If you look closely at their picture, mine had the cotter pin taped to it in the same location.  I removed it before this photo..

clink.jpg

They might not know since it's out of the box, but I'd give it a shot...

Edited by Duncan

McQuay Norris DS849 used to get you a Moog 555 centerlink. Last time I bought a DS849 it was from Autozone, but I can't recall if it was 555. Worked fine, though. Autozone currently has them in stock for $31.99.

9 hours ago, thisismatt said:

Yes, they are different. Fixed ball joint at the pitman arm. If you helicopter it around the tie rod tapers are backwards, and if you roll it at that point the pitman ball joint is upside down, the idler taper is upside down, and the bend of the rod is upside down.

Got it. The pitman taper is from the bottom while the idler arm is from the top.

• 2 months later...
On 12/19/2018 at 6:40 AM, Duncan said:

I found the Nissan Part number for my RHD 510 Center link and actually found one from this seller in Texas,  Mine was a TRW part, but it was made in Japan. 

I would try emailing these guys and ask them about the Country of Origin on this one...

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/183318699303

I tried the usual overseas sources for weeks with no luck,  I couldn't believe a seller in Texas had a new, M.I.J. piece for a RHD model that was made in Japan for $90.00

Here's a photo of the one I bought.  I would bet their's is from the same manufacturer, only the LHD model. If you look closely at their picture, mine had the cotter pin taped to it in the same location.  I removed it before this photo..

clink.jpg

They might not know since it's out of the box, but I'd give it a shot...

What's the part number for the RHD one?