One owner 1978 620KC

I hate to do this but I just picked up another Datsun so I need the room. This was my neighbor's truck and I never saw anyone else drive it and I have known him 15 years. It was bought new off the lot here in Hood River so it is about as local as it gets. Paul passed away last spring so he has no use for it. I will sell it for exactly what I am into it for, which is $875.00. She is straight and clean. Needs paint and the carb needs to be either adjusted or rebuilt. Still has all the smog stuff on it and I also have 2 extra Hitachi carbs that go with it that I got from Phlebmaster. Also has 2 mounted studded snow tires. The five speed works flawlessly and this truck has more get up and go than my '83 Toyota that has a new motor in it. I got this truck with the intention of building the 620 that Fisch drew but I just scored a sweet 1200 that will take up all my time this winter. I figured I would give you Ratsun boys first crack at this, otherwise I am putting it on CL in a week. All the pictures I have are in the posted album. You can also give me a call on my cell which is the best way to reach me. 541-490- eight,four,three,zero.

http://picasaweb.google.com/exit64/Datsun620#

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep, I'm in Hood River, Orygun. The milage on the truck is 108K. I know it's only been around once because Paul told me that himself once when I was pestering him with questions about his truck. The tags on her are good until Dec. 08, too.

Edited by exit64

Steve is first in line on this one. Just so you guys know, this is a Ratsun price only. It goes up if I put it on CL. I want to keep it in the family, so to speak. I have turned down good money in the past for Roadsters just cause I thought the guy was a speculator looking to make a quick buck. My whole thing is about keeping them on the road and enjoying them for what they are.

Mike

aka exit64

Rubberman is correct. For some reason it fell off of my profile and I had to re-add it. Weird. Actually any chance I get hassle Pete I jump at and this one was just too easy. All PM's have been replied to and in the order recieved. If the first deal goes through then I will PM the rest of you and let you know. I promised the guy that I would wait until this weekend as that is the soonest he can make it out to God's country.

Sorry guys,

The 620 went to live at a new home, but is still in the Ratsun family. I'll let the new owner make his own announcement about it. Thanks for all the interest and stay tuned for pics of my new 1200 soon.

Mike

aka exit64

I'll make a new thread later. The truck is everything Mike said it was. Very clean unmolested King Cab. I have wanted a 620 KC since I was like 10 years old daydreaming in the Mini truck magazines of the day.

My friend dropped my friend and I off at Mike's to pick the truck up. We stopped to get wiper blades and fill the gas tank. It made the 70 mile drive home without incident. It drives great!

I'm off to get it registered and insured!

Thanks Mike!

Plan for this rig:

DRIVE DRIVE DRIVE IT!

Those who have known me for a while know how I am. It already has new WA plates and full coverage insurance!

It will get the minor body work it needs and a repaint in the next 6 or so months. Figuring out wheels and tires. It will get the lowering it needs. Reupholster the stock seats with no head rests. Stereo. And drive it. It is a sweet driving truck. I am the second registered owner. I already love driving it. I will have my '79 620 for sale soon.

Damn it! I was really hoping you would pass this one up since I was next in line and had a buyer all lined up for my Hustler.

Glad to hear your happy with your new purchase. Looking forward to watching this thing become a sweat runner for you.

Congrats

Jes

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.