A 521 in Massachusetts

Crashtd420

30 minutes ago, Stoffregen Motorsports said:

So you spent $1000 getting it yourself. Plus the wear and tear on your Frontier.

Hiring a transport would have cost less, but then you wouldn't have had the experience.

What are your plans for the bus? Gonna solve some mysteries?

I thought about hiring a transporter they came in anywhere as cheap as 500 up 1000 but i opted to drive there to do a hand shake deal, when this all started i was looking on ebay and people wanted you to mail them a bank check to complete the sale.... ummm no... plus I wouldn't have gotten the extra 500 off...

If had more time to plan I probably could have had my friend go do the deal then hire a transporter but I only just agreed to buy it on Wednesday last week and I was on the road by Saturday to get.. I didn't wanna miss the deal so this was the best way to get it done quickly..... 

As for the plan it's for the wife... she wants to daily drive it around town. She is the art teacher at my son school, and she has always dreamed of a hippie van so I just made it happen. Why wait....

Plus we can use it for over night camping..it has the bed in the back.

Maybe some car shows too along with the datsun.

It's also gonna be like a little she shed parked next to our soon to be hot tub.. so she can go between hot tubing, and  reading and arting in the van....

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, mikec4193 said:

Hey Crashd420

Make sure to stop over to see the fine folks at the Samba website...a lot of really great people on there too...a whole 5 sections for buses alone....

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/

Hippies rule for sure.

I have been there but haven't actually joined the sight.... 

Bus is a day away from driving,  the last couple parts I need arrive today, we pick up the plate and registration from the insurance tomorrow....

Still plenty of little things to do but I have it repaired enough and ready for a Massachusetts inspection.... 

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/11/2016 at 5:20 PM, Charlie69 said:

Welcome!  Nice work!  My dessert willow tree grows suspension parts.  LOL

http://i477.photobucket.com/albums/rr132/Charlie69_Datsun/DSC02301.jpg

http://i477.photobucket.com/albums/rr132/Charlie69_Datsun/DSC02299.jpg

http://i477.photobucket.com/albums/rr132/Charlie69_Datsun/DSC02304.jpg

The shock mounting plates are off a 710 goon.  These will make it possible to go lower and not bend the stock shock stud.

I am bending my studs and came across this. I assume a goon is a wagon? What year and what shocks are used with eyelets on both ends? Thanks

Yes a goon is a 510, 710 wagon. 

I just fixed my pictures in my quoted post above.  This was back when photobucket held our pictures hostage, trying to force us into paying them to release the pictures with no water marks.  Could have been handled much better in another way.  I will not use Photobuckit and I cannot recommend Photobucket to anyone.

Edited by Charlie69
12 hours ago, Charlie69 said:

Yes a goon is a 510, 710 wagon. 

I just fixed my pictures in my quoted post above.  This was back when photobucket held our pictures hostage, trying to force us into paying them to release the pictures with no water marks.  Could have been handled much better in another way.  I will not use Photobuckit and I cannot recommend Photobucket to anyone.

It’s a good idea for those with lowered trucks, should be a sticky. Seems hard to find one of a wagon but maybe I can make this work…

IMG_3539.jpeg

• Like 1

Well thankfully the datsun has been running strong.. I thought I would have a little money left over to finally get some door panels and maybe my seats redone, or atleast the driver seat cushion fixed... but I went over budget getting her the bus and getting it road worthy.... Good thing is while I might be out of money I got everything squared aways and paid for and I'm finally putting a little a side for the datsun...