Project Hondatsun

SteadFast

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

It has been some time since I've worked on the Datsun.  I've been away for the holiday, and finally had a good day to put in some work.  I ran fuel lines. (8an and 6an).  Everything fits great, and the fuel tank is back in.  Lines are ran to the motor, but I'm waiting on a fitting to button it up.  I also need to blow out the lines with some compressed air to blow out any residue or crud.  Next step is wiring, of which is 90% done (I hope it all works right)!

P6ZvqW0h.jpg

• Like 2
  • 5 weeks later...
One step closer. Finally got around to mounting the board with the ECU and relays. I have temporarily wired it (will clean up later once it starts). I tested it last night by turning it over for a second, and was able to do so. I did not however get any lights on the s2000 dash... Come to think of it, I also didn't check to see if the ECU was getting power. I'll check more on that tonight.

V0dSx6dl.jpg

• Like 1

Well done swap is always nice to see. My step dad's owned a few S2000s and I've driven most of them. No doubt that F20 is a beast of a N/A motor, but you boost that thing and brother, it's a whole other monster. Are you planning any upgrades to the U-joint rear axles? I'm in the east bay, where you at?

• Like 1

So the ECU has power and was able to connect to Hondata ECU editor, but had to mess with the cluster a little bit to get it power. So far so good. Things I must do before starting:

1) Torque the crank pulley
2) Blow out the fuel lines to remove debris, and reconnect the lines
3) Loop (cap off) the original fuel tank feed/return lines
4) Add gas
5) Add Honda MTF to the tranny
6) Extend the O2 sensor to fit the new bung and make sure the right sensor is selected in the ECU

I hope to have it started this weekend.

• Like 1

I simply snip the center of a standard female connector.  Works fine.

Edit:

Now that I think about it, I use a razor blade to cut a section of the plastic sheathing/protector away, and thats it.  I just push it on from there.  The female ends open up when you push it on.

Not an issue for mine. I've been running that sti R180 set up for 5 years now and it works real nice. One thing I ran into was the shaft coupling flange on my dif was a bit to large in diameter to fit through the cross member opening. I pulled it off and replaced it with a Z 5 speed flange and it was off to the races. 

Thanks everyone, tried to start it again last night and found that the battery was dead.  Tried to charge it but it didn't like that either.  Googled the battery and it turns out it was for an electric wheel chair...  I was able to get it started with my power pack, but non the less I'm buying a new battery which will ship on Monday.  I was able to clean up the wiring and will post some pics soon, but found an issue.  The speedo gauge was getting a phantom MPH.  Unless somehow the car started in gear (no rear end or driveshaft yet) which I'm not even sure if its possible, I'm not sure how it is reading a MPH.