219 head

SHADY280

hey i picked up something really cool the other day. i got a very nice flowbenched 219 head for the truck. its got massive valves and a fancy race spray bar too.. came off a scca racecar. i got the parts form a guy named keith from hear in langley near me. if you guys need some race motors, really nice ones, or parts, hes got some amazing stuff for the L4 series. his screen name is hollywoodca. hes even got an ellusive 1600 valve cover.

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

aight here are the pix, wow you guys only had to wait one day!!! came with another legendary elephant valve cover. i found in the exhaust port some porosity like they ground too far, then filled it, so im gonna have it looked at b4 installing it. itll be some time tho, i wanna build the injection manifold before it gets mounted, he also gave me a 4 banger matchbox dizzy.

005.jpg

001.jpg

002.jpg

003.jpg

ehehehehhe, i saw the ports and was really surprized how big they were, im doing a ratsun intake from a zcar manifold, but i do have some round top su's i could make work. dont have a cam yet, but one day, its a shame the stock cam will go in unless i find a nice one for cheap. its gonna be a great flowing head, and maybe save on fuel if my foot stays off the wood! the guy had lots of intake mani's, but i couldnt spend the cash, its bad enough i went for a flywheel, and left with a head i really kinda didnt need, but a good deal is a good deal.

any chance you have a pic of the valve cover from a bit further back? I'm curious to see if it has the ribs over the hump and is actually threaded for the cap. Some guys simply thread the cap into the 1/4 opening.......so says Pete Peters :)

thanks...that's not the really rare one with the ribs running over the hump AND a threaded cap.

Extra oiling because of the cap?? It seals better, but I don't see how it would add to oiling. Maybe somebody else knows differently.

Thanks for the pic!!

thanks...that's not the really rare one with the ribs running over the hump AND a threaded cap.

Extra oiling because of the cap?? It seals better, but I don't see how it would add to oiling. Maybe somebody else knows differently.

Thanks for the pic!!

I'm still curious if it really exist.

Can anyone else verify this?

I'm curious to see if it's really real too. I heard about it when talking with Steve Epperly of ZTherapy. Anyone who knows him would say he is one heck of a datsun encyclopedia! He's got datsun stuff most datsun people have never even heard of. Anyway....he's the only person I've ever heard about it from....so it would be cool to have it verified.

you got a pic of the ellusive cover??? im gonnacheck the one on my truck and compare to the one i just got. im still wondering on the threaded plug in the side of the valve cover, there was an oiling line coming from the oil pressure sender to theat threaded hole when keith disassembled it, but he cant remember what kind of nossle was up in there.

The valve guide in the picture sure hangs down pretty far into the port, looks like it would be a restriction.

Shouldnt be much more of a restriction then the valve itself. And it probably looks so deep since so much material has been taken out of the port walls.

you got a pic of the ellusive cover??? im gonnacheck the one on my truck and compare to the one i just got. im still wondering on the threaded plug in the side of the valve cover, there was an oiling line coming from the oil pressure sender to theat threaded hole when keith disassembled it, but he cant remember what kind of nossle was up in there.

The plug in the valve cover is for the line to feed the cam spray bar. You run an external oil line up to it and to the spray bar.

Could it be that that spray bar is ported to a hole drilled on the outside of the cam tower? Notice the oiler hole inside the tower wall. If a solid camshaft with no oiler holes were used the oil pressure should exit wherever possible. If it has no plumbing I would take it off and inspect.

the spray bar has special things welded to the back of the towers that allows oil to flow into the bar. it comes up from the bottom of the towers just like the "newer" zx heads have. im really gonna have a look when its time to assemble the head onto the truck, it still needs valves and springs. being that the truck runs right now the head it just going to be a jig for the intake mani.