Taiwan Sunny

So I'm here in Taiwan, which seems to be the land of almost entirely stock late model cars. Today while at 7-11 in a tiny mountain village, I heard the gloriously beautiful noise of a vintage car's engine at full song racing past the 7-11. The classic group b rally-esque, which you can hear well before the car is within view........brrrrrrrrrrRRRRRRRR-shift-BRAAAAHHHHHHHhhhhhhhh as it goes past. It turned out to be a bright green lowered Sunny pickup. This was *WAY* out of the norm here, since all cars are less than 10 years old, and NONE have an exhaust system. I asked the guy I was with to follow him, as I wanted a look at this sweet ride. We found him parked about 4km up the mountain road at a small shop. We asked if I could have a peek, and snap a few quick pics. He seemed surprised that someone had interest in his old Datsun. The Sunny looked like any one of us could have built it. Green with a black hood, nice Bride racing seats, huge tach, custom billet shifter, hot A series with a Weber downdraft, adjustable camber hats, strut bar, headers, and so forth. Seeing this car just totally made my day. Secretly wishing I could import it back with me on the way home.

Sunny25.jpg

I later learned that the reason you don't see any cars like this, is that the regulating body governing vehicles in Taiwan wants everyone to keep their cars as closely to stock as possible. I showed him a pic of my box flared VG powered 510, and he said I could never have a car like that in Taiwan.

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic